World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been granted permission from the misses that I can get out Sunday, but don't know where to go!! Anyone got any good advice on where i can go! Fed up with the likes of Layde Bay, its crap, and so want to go somewhere with a better chance of actually catching a decent fish for once! Still after that elusive first big fish!
Any advice would be great, PM me if you prefer, but please give me some good info!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Swindonangler, with Sundays tides being 11 meter Avonmouth scale your options are quite limited, you could try Portishead steamer pier or Redcliff bay.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Tides are actually Neaps mate and there are several options open to you. Could try Kingston Seymour at Low Water, Sandpoint, Burnham to name but a few.
All will produce Rays to squid and crab and if you're not bored of Codling by now they will also be present...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KTM, does Sandpoint fish best over low water??

Bored of cod? I havent ever caught a cod over legal limit, so i'm still trying to get one :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ktm bored of codling! nah never, i said the options are quite limited because 11m tides are neither here or there, not a neap or a spring. Also wading out over half a mile into a foot of mud i neither find fun or safe (a number of anglers have died over the years doing this) your better off staying on black rock, same species, ray etc but without the dangers of being stuck in the mud, also mondays tides are better for the true neap marks.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately Monday is a no go for me, so its Sunday i have to fish! And i agree with you Timtu, would prefer the safety of ledges over mud!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Fished Kingston at Low water dozens of times on neap tides, forgot to mention the Bass potential there now too. Just thinking it was somewhere different to go, perfectly safe in the right places with just a thin layer of silt over the clay and far from the trendy crowded marks(Black Rock) . People on this forum fish the same old places time in, time out and report very little of any consequence.
If they were to try something different for a change they may do a little better.
(no dis-respect SA!)

·
Registered
189 Posts
No disrespect taken we are allowed to disagree its all good! true what your saying kingston at low water can be a great mark, just remember a few years back watching my mate sink to below his knees in a gulley with the tide fast aproaching:help: put me off fishing the place but i know the bass fishing can be good down there, best on a smaller tide though so that you don't have to wade out as far. Anyway off to fish west bex this weekend for a change, word is the plaice are showing:clap2: :fishing1: , so got 2lb off fresh blacks and a case of bear, so long boppers, be looking good.

·
Registered
399 Posts
so got 2lb off fresh blacks and a case of bear, so long boppers, be looking good

Case of Bear? didn't realise you drank 'Hofmeister' !!!! (remember that 'follow the bear')

Sorry Paddy, couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Paddy, you little tinker! I tink yur startin to take the p*ss outa me!!!!:bleh: :yeah: :uhoh: :banghead:

ANYWAY ................. back to the post......

Timtu's doing down South (with a case of Hofmeister!!!!)
Where's SA going ? anyone decided ?
Me, may do Upper Channel tomorrow night (be a late one though)
Rays & Bass at Kingston sounds good.

Who's fishing where ?? You decide!!!

Murphy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Signing off for the weekend now will post report on my chesil weekend, hopefully if my bait gets past the dogs i will bag a few nice spring plaice.

·
Registered
399 Posts
And i agree with you Timtu, would prefer the safety of ledges over mud!

Well dont bother fishing the upper channel then! MUD, MUD, with even more MUD!!!

would prefer the safety of ledges
So I guess you won't be joining BJ's ''''TEAM EXTREME'''' ?

I gather there abseiling off the old Severn Bridge this weekend, to fish an undisclosed 'hotspot', hovvering 3 foot above the high tide line in search of an early run of spring cod.

100% need not apply, absolutely, too crazy for me! :notworthy

Anyway, must get off this damned forum, as i've 2lb of blacks and a 1 lb of yellows festering in the car.

PS - check the stats, i'm hardcore now (hit the big 100 with this post)

See you later lads, Murphy!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well, I'll give Blue Anchor a go - don't expect to catch anything but it'll get me out of the house... :)

Not sure what to target - am making up rigs now so will have to make a selection... :)

ODG

·
Registered
43 Posts
outdoorgirl

Well, I'll give Blue Anchor a go - don't expect to catch anything but it'll get me out of the house...

Heeeey, Outdoorgirl, is the 'Blue Anchor' a pub? cos I can be there, and you can catch me, yours sincerely, Homer P Simpson :kissing:

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm with you Timtu. Kingston at low water is for those who know the area and one to avoid for those who don't. It is not a secret super spot and can be a dangerous place to be. The same goes for any of the "muddy" marks over low water and they really should not be mentioned on here as talking about these spots can lead the unwary into thinking that it is a secret spot and taking risks just to try it.
Hope the Chesil has picked up. The water was coloured yesterday, Thursday, and it was dog city...
(Homer be carefull or I will tell Marge about your plans for Outdoor Girl!!!!!)
Sarge
Best thing to target at Blue Anchor would be dogs. Thats on the beach not in the pub! If it is that kind of dog you are looking for Homer try Minehead mcdonalds on a Sunday morning as often a few rough examples from Butlins looking for breakfast!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sgt, can you give me the postcode of that particular McD's ? will satnav as breakfast sounds fine!

I always wanted a dog, but......

my father once said 'a dog is for life not just for Christmas!'

Then I met Marge, she wont have a dog in the house, she says they smell, but I love em!

What breeds can I expect in Minehead?

Homer P***ed Simpson (well its Friday, and i'm not fishing!)

A rough dog is an uncared for dog.

·
Registered
377 Posts
TA24 6DG (the wonders of google!) Not too sure of the breed but they tend to wear short skirts, high heels, smudged make up and look like they have been on the p*** all night. They are something to look at anyway while filling up with a sausage and egg mcmuffin before embarking on a 2 mile hike along the beach..
Not sure if they are the sort you would want for life either!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts