World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to sneak of work early tomorrow, I will be in Cardiff for the morning and will be heading back early afternoon. I am looking for somewhere good to fish between Cardifff and Swansea. I have never fished this far east, I have looked at some of your own sites and found the info on marks good but I can't make my mind up.

I am looking for a low tide and up mark, somewhere safe (as I will probably be on my own), newbie freindly as I obviously won't have been there before, fairly easy access and if its not to much to ask I would like to catch somthimg other than doggies and whitting.

I open to suggestions, any advice would be gratfully recived.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seen as its a low water mark you are looking for with easy access you could try sully bay you might have a chance of a cod/codling by their and your not going to get cut off. Do you know how to get their?
I used to go to the captins wife. Is that Sully? Dont know where to fish though.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
yeah thats sully mate, if you go back up that road out of the captains wife and turn left you come into the main part of the village go past the post office and take your next left come to a junction turn right and straight away turn left down a lane you can park here theirs a small childrens park and the jubilee hall and boat yard their, you can see the beach from here, if you cant park here for any reason dont turn left down the lane and carry on to the end of the road and turn left you will come to the cricket changing rooms and sully primary on your right park by there. At low water you dont tend to lose much gear at all. Good luck if you go their.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats sully mate, if you go back up that road out of the captains wife and turn left you come into the main part of the village go past the post office and take your next left come to a junction turn right and straight away turn left down a lane you can park here theirs a small childrens park and the jubilee hall and boat yard their, you can see the beach from here, if you cant park here for any reason dont turn left down the lane and carry on to the end of the road and turn left you will come to the cricket changing rooms and sully primary on your right park by there. At low water you dont tend to lose much gear at all. Good luck if you go their.
Just been looking at the map, looks ok. Any preferance where to fish or is straight out by the slip as good as any?:g:

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
People on here may have their own preferences here but i usually fish just left of the slip i have had codling here but i haven't fished their for about 5 years now
That can be a good mark mate the one you are on about i fish there for the congers pulley rigs tight lines

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That can be a good mark mate the one you are on about i fish there for the congers pulley rigs tight lines
Hi rockling, is it any good their for the codling i went their about 5 years ago and had a small codling but i used to fish their quite regular 10-15 years ago and allways have codling their my uncles and my dad used to catch 3-6lbers their quite reguarly i once had a 41/2lber their but worked out that my uncle had caught it and reeled my line in stuck it on my hook and let it go i was only 11 but well chuffed at the time.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Hi rockling, is it any good their for the codling i went their about 5 years ago and had a small codling but i used to fish their quite regular 10-15 years ago and allways have codling their my uncles and my dad used to catch 3-6lbers their quite reguarly i once had a 41/2lber their but worked out that my uncle had caught it and reeled my line in stuck it on my hook and let it go i was only 11 but well chuffed at the time.
Hi mate its a hit and miss there mate with the codling you would thing is good with all the sea weed around it but it dont bring the best of the codling i dont know y but it as loads of green els there in the summer and a few small bass dont fish it so much now tight lines

1 - 9 of 9 Posts