World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Should be fishing the day tide next Saturday 22nd (can't do the night unfortunately), i would like to fish around the coast somewhere but not sure where to go, ideally after bass, smuts, sole, anything really to be honest......but just not sure where to go??

I am considering Deal beach, Hythe (Kent), Folkestone, possibly Dungeness though its a bit further than i would like to go but if it could be worth it....?

Any thoughts? Where would you guys go? Bearing in mind its a day tide, and what baits are producing at the minute?

Thanks in advance.

Tight lines,

Will :fishing1:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response Dave. I did think about the breakwater mate but i just don't like fishing from piers or breakwaters or anything like that really to be honest, to me you cant beat fishing from a beach, plus the missus will be coming to sunbathe, read a magazine and cook the BBQ........

So ideally i want to fish from a beach, i know during the day you wont beat a pier/the breakwater but its me only option unfortunately.....cheers though Dave

G

·
i'd try galloways then.it's next to dengemarsh.u got a chance of a bass there and sole too.maybe mackerel if the waters clear.

u need to make sure the firing range is not in use though.i think u can ring seagull tackle and the bloke in there will tell u.

oh,i caught a couple of black bream this time of year there a few years ago.

good luck whatever u decide mate.

·
Registered
673 Posts
i'd try galloways then.it's next to dengemarsh.u got a chance of a bass there and sole too.maybe mackerel if the waters clear.

u need to make sure the firing range is not in use though.i think u can ring seagull tackle and the bloke in there will tell u.

oh,i caught a couple of black bream this time of year there a few years ago.

good luck whatever u decide mate.
i agree dave only problem is it has been total rubbish so far this yr for many good anglers that know the venue well. i was down there today from 10am to 3pm over the low with a nice onshore wind and lovely fresh bait and only one tiny bass for my efforts. the range wont be firing on that saturday according to the board but that could always change at the last minuite.
hope this helps good luck

G

·
i agree dave only problem is it has been total rubbish so far this yr for many good anglers that know the venue well. i was down there today from 10am to 3pm over the low with a nice onshore wind and lovely fresh bait and only one tiny bass for my efforts. the range wont be firing on that saturday according to the board but that could always change at the last minuite.
hope this helps good luck
bloody shame that mate,used to be a real good place to fish.i might give it a go one night before the summer fish clear off.

hopefully it's just a bad year.

it's been a long time since i have had a decent sesh down there.

·
Registered
673 Posts
bloody shame that mate,used to be a real good place to fish.i might give it a go one night before the summer fish clear off.

hopefully it's just a bad year.

it's been a long time since i have had a decent sesh down there.
they have not arrived yet mate!!!!!!!! trust me i have never known it this bad. it seems to be producing better round littlestone at high this yr

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your responses. I actually think i will have a go down Dungeness Dave. I have always wanted to fish Dungeness but never have, where would you recommend along there? Is it best to fish the tide up/down?

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
If you can get some maddies then go west to Widewater which is west of Brighton. Lovely scenery and a nice beach with easy and cheap parking, and enough species to keep you going without having to change your rigs.
You are in for a shot of bass, goldengrey mullet, gurnard, bream, flounder, turbot all just using a 2 hook flapper or clip down with size 2 hooks.

G

·
Thanks for your responses. I actually think i will have a go down Dungeness Dave. I have always wanted to fish Dungeness but never have, where would you recommend along there? Is it best to fish the tide up/down?
the best time to fish dungy is 2 hours before low,over low then right up till high water.

i'd try behind the power station this time of the year for a sole and maybe mackerel if the waters clear.i have caught sole in daylight and even in clear water too.

weed has been a problem at high water lately.still,enjoy your day mate and if the weathers nice u will get a tan along with the BBQ!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol cheers Dave, i think i will def try dungie, always wanted to so sod it may as well! I will post on here how i get on.

jassyfa cheers for your response also, that sounds like a cracking spot with the chance of all those different species. I think i will try dungie this time but will definitely keep that one in mind for next time. Whats the best state of the tide to fish there? Is it snaggy round there?

·
The Ego
6,046 Posts
Lol cheers Dave, i think i will def try dungie, always wanted to so sod it may as well! I will post on here how i get on.

jassyfa cheers for your response also, that sounds like a cracking spot with the chance of all those different species. I think i will try dungie this time but will definitely keep that one in mind for next time. Whats the best state of the tide to fish there? Is it snaggy round there?
If your talking Widewater re snaggy, then no its a clear clean beach. There is a thread in the meet and match section for a match there in early Sept, although trust me it isn't a proper serious match, more of a get together and make friends sort of match/meet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts