World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
amtaking wifey to scarboro for a weeks break in april. one of the poplar hols from the daily newspaper. Staying at cayton bay. Anyway ii have room for my travel rod and a few bits and pieces Where can i fit my self in along the drive without boulders the size of houses[ well nearly as big]
hope for some good information [relying on you guys]
thanx and tight lines byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
70 Posts
take a look at photo recce they show some good marks but im afraid the north east only really fishs well on the right winds you can beat a northly

·
Registered
49 Posts
take a look at photo recce they show some good marks but im afraid the north east only really fishs well on the right winds you can beat a northly
Try Filey Brigg, it's only a couple of miles from Cayton Bay, always the chance of a cod or two here. There are plenty of good marks on the Brigg but if you've never been before, just head for the point (either walk round from the Filey beach or park in the cliff top car park and walk along the cliff tops).
When you get to the end you can either walk down to the left, you'll find some ladders bolted to the cliff face where you can climb down to the flat rocks. Or, walk right at the end of the cliff top where there's a footpath leading down to the point. You can follow the tide out here, but you will need waders.
The Brigg is a low water mark and well worth trying various ditances. Top tip is to move around every couple of casts until you find a fish or two. Best bait is crab, but don't underestimate big mussel baits.

There are plenty of other marks in the area, which I'm sure the lads on here will point out. I've also fished Cayton Bay on the rocks to the left and taken codling there too.

Good luck

Daz

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
hi tony. if you drive south for about 120 miles you will come to a place called moggs eye. always good weather there and loads of cod,bass,smoothies,skate,and halibut..( dont tell ray ) .seriously though you could try the east pier at scarboro'. used to fish it a lot as a kid and always caught something.. not saying they were very big though. but at least you will have a bit of fun. might even get an edible crab for your tea. have fun trev

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info lads I fancy filey brig If the weather is right. I know of a supplier of bait Ill give him a ring.
Trev Idont think ray will get to know. He dont read many of these posts,[do you ray?] tee hee hee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts