World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me where the best places to shore fish in are the north of England? any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I fish at Merseyside and Maryport. Heysham is good,but anywhere from Liverpool up to Maryport on the west coast will get you fishing spots.

·
Registered
88 Posts
there is loads of cracking fishing up north,i normally fish,st.bees,whitehaven,workington,maryport,silloth, dubmill-point 4 bass and all the way down the solway estuary to port carlisle, bowness-on-solway but there is some good fishing to be had further south of cumbria....the blocks at haverigg and more places round there,Mickylad tells me silecroft just above haverigg can produce good fish.........anyway good hunting..............leded.......................

·
Registered
2 Posts
weeiain said:
I fish at Merseyside and Maryport. Heysham is good,but anywhere from Liverpool up to Maryport on the west coast will get you fishing spots.
haven,t fished for over ten years ime just starting up again are you saying that there are fish in the mersey besides shopping trolleys i am a local boy from birkenhead who seen a rapid decline of fish in the mersey and tend to go to wales for decent size fish and species

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Two new members to the NW region,,,,good to see.
Welcome to WSF gents.
Five bar at Clevelys is starting to throw up the odd schoolie with the hope of bigger things to come,,fingers crossed.
Terry F. :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
haven,t fished for over ten years ime just starting up again are you saying that there are fish in the mersey besides shopping trolleys i am a local boy from birkenhead who seen a rapid decline of fish in the mersey and tend to go to wales for decent size fish and species

in the last couple of weeks new brighton has produced:-
plaice , flounder , dabs, bass,smoothhound , weaver , whiting , codling , and a brill

thats not too bad is it?????

·
Registered
2 Posts
keith n said:
in the last couple of weeks new brighton has produced:-
plaice , flounder , dabs, bass,smoothhound , weaver , whiting , codling , and a brill

thats not too bad is it?????
i agree thats not to bad atall getting my rod out next weekend and i will give it a try p.s is there still ragworm to be dug at newbrighton

·
Registered
50 Posts
true
this morning we went through 80 worms from 8.30 till 1.30 picked clean a good number of times
good job my fishing buddy is an animal on the bait pump lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope I've done this right , am also looking for good venues in the North West and Merseyside, if you have any advice, would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Ken

1 - 13 of 13 Posts