World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend as phoned to say he has fresh live Peelers, are there any hound around? and where to fish poss locally that is not weeded out as I have only just heard
Cheers Sparks

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
did he collect his own crab or did he get them from a shop as it has been bad around here went today and only got 43

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe he brought them from Bognor
Very few peeling up the river ? is that something to do with all the fresh rain water

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
go to selsey, bit early high tide but as long as theres water there you have a chance.

good luck

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to the arm last night,no Hounds or Bass taking the Crab lots of rattles on it though, poss Bream
Plenty of small Sole caught and a few G.G.
I heard of only one hound caught on the pier last night
Perhaps more hounds with the bigger tides?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Went to the arm last night,no Hounds or Bass taking the Crab lots of rattles on it though, poss Bream
You can catch hounds off the arm on both big and small tides Tony, reckon it's more dependant on the crab. I would say the arm has probably seen the best of the hounds for the year now, you may still get the odd decent one though.

Some area's you get more hounds on smaller tides.

G

·
You can catch hounds off the arm on both big and small tides Tony, reckon it's more dependant on the crab. I would say the arm has probably seen the best of the hounds for the year now, you may still get the odd decent one though.

Some area's you get more hounds on smaller tides.
hi bally,
did you not fish the ISACS match last night?:fishing:

G

·
No I did not, may donate some cash in the Shoreham round though, don't fancy driving down that way just to catch pout and weed when I can do that closer to home!
hi mate!,
when there are only a few fish cought you have got as much
chance as the next guy!!!,how did jay do?

you have a pm mate!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Nice to have almost met you Sparks!! I was there with a couple of guys giving the sole a working over. Wont be back there for them though. Bit of a nursery area it would seem!! Between us (Nasher72 and cousin, Barry, Myself and Andy Colmer) we had sole, gg's, Red mullet, black bream, eels, flounder, weever and pouting!!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can catch hounds off the arm on both big and small tides Tony, reckon it's more dependant on the crab.
Hi Chris a friend rang yesterday afternoon saying he had got some peelers which turned out to be six live soft Spiders and he wanted to fish the arm.I understand there has been plenty of spiders peeling and the hounds have been after them, on the pier, one guy lost his rod on Thurs and there was several caught some on lug. Unfortunately none found quarters of crab interesting last night Fishing the arm again tomorrow night , a comp with the Chichester club I belong to
Cheers Tony

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice to have almost met you Sparks!!
We did Rob, I guessed it was you but was not 100% sure I was fishing next to you we were fishing outside after hounds There was three of us and I the last one left when you left I think to try the wooden Arm? I will certainly introduce myself next time our paths cross I do enjoy your comments on here and your Diary ect
Cheers Tony

1 - 20 of 21 Posts