World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not been out for a while,due to various problems and illnesses, but managed to grab a 3 day break in Criccieth.I needed the break and enjoyed it, but the fishing was abysmal. Just one tiny dab between two of us off the west beach in three days and nothing at Borth y gest despite trying every plug/spinner/lure known to mankind. Ok i'll put the B-y-G session down to the fact that the water was very coloured due to the heavy rainfall, but even at this time of the year Criccieth beach usually produces a few doggies, dabs and mackerel. It seems everyone I spoke to were having the same experience. Any comments?
cheers M

·
Registered
71 Posts
there has been a whale hanging about criccieth, it was spotted (pictures very close to shore) in april and again 2 weeks ago, if its still about maybe the fish are scared off!!!!!!!! just a thought.
were you fishing there the last few days by the castle ???

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Hi,
I blame Andy and Steve, seems like there filling there boots...lol.
The fishing has been hit and miss in general, some good bass, huss and rays but the mac's and bream not showing in their usual numbers.
Cold Winter, wind farms, rain, weed etc, not sure myself ...!
Maybe the cod/codling might be of a better size come winter. Keep at it you never know.
Coastman

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Personally , I reckon a lot of it is a result of the extreme cold we had in the winter , ,,I feel it killed a lot of the micro- food chain on tidal areas , and it,s had a far-reaching knock-on effect . Fish , like any wild creature can only survive if there is a food source ... !!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was at Cricceth last Sept.
Plenty of fish around, so can't see what your problem was ??? :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
There is no fish left,the commercials have had em,these supertrawlers are scooping the mackeral shoals up in one go.:sad2:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im sure i saw you there and it was ****ing it down!!! was there 2 of you?
sorry i'm late replying, but like i said earlier have one or two problems back home and unable to log in too often, but yes there was two of us. It was ****ing it down on one occasion but not for long and overall the weather wasn't bad, even if it wasn't as you'd expect for August.
cheers M

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was at Cricceth last Sept.
Plenty of fish around, so can't see what your problem was ??? :)
Yeah, I too was there last september and true there were plenty of fish around, but that was last september! Maybe you caught them all and there's been none caught since.
So possibly you were the problem.LOL

·
Banned
10,968 Posts
there has been a whale hanging about criccieth, it was spotted (pictures very close to shore) in april and again 2 weeks ago, if its still about maybe the fish are scared off!!!!!!!! just a thought.
Now that is not a nice way to talk about our "LittleMissMermaid" is it ?

·
Registered
980 Posts
its not that bad the fishing around our coast. i know that mackeral have been a bit hit and miss, but could it be the lack of people fishing with fresh bait. most people i see fishing our using mackeral feather and some are not catching.
good fresh bait lugworm .ragworm .peeler crab. sandeels are worth a try
in my area in july were bass to 8 pounds av 2 to 3 pounds codling to 5 pounds av 2 to3 pound coalfish to 3 pounds odd plaice to 1.5 pounds
good weather, right tide. good fresh bait and you are in with a chance

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes your right mate we were out off Fairbourne a couple ofdays ago and saw it, it came up only 100yds from our boat, Nearly messed myself Lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts