World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the siteso hello all. been to hartlepool pier fishing at the Middleton pier or north pier, Hartlepool and its been very poor the last few times with just one or 2 small fish about the same size of my hand. wheres the best fishing spot in hartepool. im from chilton. C.o Durham is there any where els thats about the same drive time thats good for fishing getting sick of comeing home with nothing. or has any one got good tips to catch at hartepool.

Regards

Phil

·
Registered
778 Posts
There's mainly small stuff about mate, good sport on lighter gear but no good if ya wanting to fill ya belly (apart from macky).
I haven't fished Middleton pier for years as it's generally a waste of bait!, the Heugh on the headland is a million times better.
There's loads of marks along our coast, with quite a few other piers to choose from too, Roker and South Shields are both good. Plenty of info on here and other fishing sites too :)

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
It is not much further from Chilton to the Colliery beaches and Seaham, these offer much better fishing than the Middleton and Pilot Piers. Just head over towards Trimdon then up to Wingate and then the A19 and on to Horden or Seaham.

Seaham Hall beach has been chucking out loads of Whiting after dark, ragworm and Mackerel for bait, no need to chuck very far. Nice easy fishing just park in the top car park and walk down the steps and fish just to the right.

Key thing though to improving your catch rates is to fish in darkness on these venues; daylight can be very quiet unless conditions are spot on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is not much further from Chilton to the Colliery beaches and Seaham, these offer much better fishing than the Middleton and Pilot Piers. Just head over towards Trimdon then up to Wingate and then the A19 and on to Horden or Seaham.

Seaham Hall beach has been chucking out loads of Whiting after dark, ragworm and Mackerel for bait, no need to chuck very far. Nice easy fishing just park in the top car park and walk down the steps and fish just to the right.

Key thing though to improving your catch rates is to fish in darkness on these venues; daylight can be very quiet unless conditions are spot on.
cheers mackeminexile I think I'll go there next trip out :fishing1: is there a tackle shop near there for bait and stuff. will i need a rod tripod or is there some where for the rods to rest on. cheers mate

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
You'll need a tripod, some lads fish off the prom but it is a fair distance from the sea so unless you can cast a long way I'd stick to the beach.

I live in Pity Me and to be honest bait is a pain in the backside when you live 15 miles inland. I usually get mine from either NETS in Grangetown or Coast Road Tackle in Horden, both add a couple of miles to the journey. It's also always worth having a few wraps of black lug, some squid and some Mackerel in the freezer for the times you can't get any fresh.

·
Registered
151 Posts

Is it safe to park there at night or should i be going elswhere?

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
Is it safe to park there at night or should i be going elswhere?
I've never had any bother parking in the Hall car park (the one at the far end of the prom where the cafe is) though allegedly it is a popular dogging spot :secret::ahhh:

If I'm fishing a mark further south I park up on the main road, again never had any bother. Some lads take their cars down on the prom after dark but to be honest I'm not that lazy.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Phil i am from Hartlepool but now live in Consett. My favourite place is the Heugh at Hartlepool. On its day its good but conditions need to be right. Like after a storm and the sea is settling down.
If you want fishing action i think the rivers are canny. I have fished the Glass centre on the Wear now a few times and also the Walkway on the Tyne as well as the Business Park Also on the Tyne. Good for flatties.
This time of the year is always hard work that is why a lot of sea anglers do fly fishing in fresh water in the summer months. I have a fresh water licence now to fish for migratory fish like Salmon and Sea trout so have been to the free stretch at Durham trying to nail one--------------its been hard work 7 sessions and still no Salmon or Seatrout.
Tight lines mick. ps the Hall beach mentioned is canny.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phil i am from Hartlepool but now live in Consett. My favourite place is the Heugh at Hartlepool. On its day its good but conditions need to be right. Like after a storm and the sea is settling down.
If you want fishing action i think the rivers are canny. I have fished the Glass centre on the Wear now a few times and also the Walkway on the Tyne as well as the Business Park Also on the Tyne. Good for flatties.
This time of the year is always hard work that is why a lot of sea anglers do fly fishing in fresh water in the summer months. I have a fresh water licence now to fish for migratory fish like Salmon and Sea trout so have been to the free stretch at Durham trying to nail one--------------its been hard work 7 sessions and still no Salmon or Seatrout.
Tight lines mick. ps the Hall beach mentioned is canny.
o rite cheers mate where is the Heugh at hartlepool i dont norm go to hartlepool unless i'm going fishing and thats about all i no about hartlepool lol. cheers again.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Phil the Heugh is the other pier acroos the water from the Middleton. It is on the Headland. Its fenced off and is dodgy as it has no fence around the end. You can get over the fence but be careful once your on.
Mick.
ps best place is the end casting straight out or either corner.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Phil the Heugh is the other pier acroos the water from the Middleton. It is on the Headland. Its fenced off and is dodgy as it has no fence around the end. You can get over the fence but be careful once your on.
Mick.
ps best place is the end casting straight out or either corner.
ok cheers mate Ill give it a go some time cheers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've never had any bother parking in the Hall car park (the one at the far end of the prom where the cafe is) though allegedly it is a popular dogging spot :secret::ahhh:

If I'm fishing a mark further south I park up on the main road, again never had any bother. Some lads take their cars down on the prom after dark but to be honest I'm not that lazy.
No where is safe i was parked near the masons building finished my session and returned to my car only to find my wing mirror hanging and my aerial snapped clean off and missing !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.