World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

just to say first that i went out yesterday on the boat off penarth and had nothing at all. there was a boat next to us that seemed to have pulled a desent sized cod in looked like a 10Ibs plus. could anybody give me imformation on where to fish along penarth beach this time of the month and year and what baits and casts are needed for this............................

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
if u went on boat and had nothing codling, that goes 2 show how well the beach is fishing, it is so so quiet everywhere, i would pik the ranny on penarth if anywhere, they had a few codling there last week in the comp organised by ely angling etc.. as for baits take your pik. i av tried everything, lug and squid, rag squid, mak, sandeel, razorfish, i think u av just got 2 b lucky on the day to find a couple of fish, all this fresh water isnt helping matters thow.i hope things change for the better soon m8........

·
Registered
13 Posts
poacher said:
if u went on boat and had nothing codling, that goes 2 show how well the beach is fishing, it is so so quiet everywhere, i would pik the ranny on penarth if anywhere, they had a few codling there last week in the comp organised by ely angling etc.. as for baits take your pik. i av tried everything, lug and squid, rag squid, mak, sandeel, razorfish, i think u av just got 2 b lucky on the day to find a couple of fish, all this fresh water isnt helping matters thow.i hope things change for the better soon m8........
hi poacher i fished there sat evening and as soon as that big boat came into the tug boats waiting 4 him me and the boys with me was hitting fishfingers and pout like no tommorow then an hour later it went dead so we moved to sully bay and had 1 codling 3and half and a 2 pound bass and stacks of big whitting all on dutch lug and squid but the bass came to lug and aglow grub that i had off gus angus

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
yes m8, illuminatin grub was it, i ad 7 whiting on 1 the other nite,none on the same thing last nite, i think they av potential, but until fish r in properly we wont tell,although i did av 1 ell of a bite on it last night, nice big nok, loads slack line, then the bugger shot off, i do think these grubs could well work m8. we will c.

·
Registered
370 Posts
what are these illumination grubs guys?
never heard of them before

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
oh there r some nosey people on here, heeheee. they r a new grub in an experimental stage, courtesy of gusangus. they r small pieces of like a ruubbery substance, similar 2 wot a sanseel is made of.. u shine your headlamp on them for a minute or 2, and they glow in the dark, so u imagine that on your line above your juicy bait, and it looks the part, if i was a fish id certainly av a nose at it, very inviting looking things they r. talk to gusangus he will av a chat with u, but he cant send every 1 freebies, theres a little catalogue with different lures etc. quite good actually,, hes got me interested....

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
thats what i mean bowen, its quiet everywhere, but if u r lucky enough 2 b in the rite place at the right time, u may get rewarded..

·
Registered
327 Posts
You boys had me worried for a while, I thought that you'd beed out collecting glow worms in the middle of the night in the caves of deepest darkest Wales...He hehe

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yea, I'm still jealous though coz poor fishin is better than no fishin.....

One bedroom to go this week-end, shame coz its a good tide for me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
hi all,

how would i get hold of one of these or how would i get a
catalogue?

·
Registered
370 Posts
hi all,

how would i get hold of one of these grubs? or how would i get a
catalogue?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
local. all i can say is e,mail gusangus on the forum and chat with the man, he should b able 2 help u, take it from there m8,

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
just find gusangus and clik on his name u will get him then or put a message on the welsh forum for him 2 contact u m8.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts