World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mrs Urlybird is taking me for a long weekend to North Walsham, starting on Wednesday, she's also said that we can go fishing one day, so the question is whats the fishing like between Waxham & Mundesley, and can someone give me the phone number for the tackle shop in Norht Walsham please

tia

Ubd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By the look o them Northerlies you'd best make that a long dirty w/end brother

Friday at Mundesley is looking good, westerly 11mph, maybe we'll give there a go!:unsure:

if not we'll get a bottle of wine and turn another heat source on,
and *******:clap2:

Ubd

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
You might find mundesley a bit weedy after this blow up, if not it should be good fishing. I was down there a couple of weeks ago and the beach was very flat, so you'd probably need to be casting a fair distance. But the rough seas will probably have reshaped the beach anyway.
If its still too rough the only place worth fishing will be cromer pier, try casting off the top right hand corner, snaggy but good for codling. I generally use the gemini fixed wire leads, they spring out of snags a lot easier and save you a fortune in tackle expenses
Best of luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be honest fellas, and fellases, if Friday is anything like tonight was, I ain't fishing, I'll thread the worms onto hook lengths and freeze them!

Then wait until it gets a bit warmer.

Ubd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it was shi- not very good weather, we drove along the coast from Walcott Northwards, as far as the eye could see there were huge great open spaces, where anglers would've been, had it not been for an onshore blow gusting to 6 on Friday, Saturday was even worse, but with added drizzly rain,

We did get out of the car at Trimmingham, to have a chat with a couple of hardy souls, but didn't get as far as them, it was too sodding cold, instead we headed back to the car,Nth Walsham and the shelter of the caravan,

Many thanks to the fellas at North Walsham angling for the info and tips though, we'll come back in the summer, when its warmer

Ubd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts