World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinkin of treatin meself to a new rod to join my favourite CM - but want something with a bit more potential as a casting rod too

must be - new - for mixed-rough ground - 14' or close (excluding reducer) - probably zzippy or century - to cast 6 oz +big baits - using multi - £300-350 ish - supplied with a casting reducer

so far considering Century TTR -or - ZZippy Dymic LT14 bullet

which one? others?

cheers

Al

·
Registered
830 Posts
S54, that s a lot of money to buy a rod based on what others 'say'. Best you try them both in the flesh beore commiting yourself; I have both rods yo mention (in fact i have 3 TTR's!) and there both animals. Would only recommend either of them if you could bend them, they are beasts and not for the faint hearted. You want a rod with more 'potential' for casting, remember its not the rod but he person behind it that has the potential.
In short try them first, you might be disspointed with your results after spending £300. Theres nothing wrong with the CM.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
S54, that s a lot of money to buy a rod based on what others 'say'. Best you try them both in the flesh beore commiting yourself; I have both rods yo mention (in fact i have 3 TTR's!) and there both animals. Would only recommend either of them if you could bend them, they are beasts and not for the faint hearted. You want a rod with more 'potential' for casting, remember its not the rod but he person behind it that has the potential.
In short try them first, you might be disspointed with your results after spending £300. Theres nothing wrong with the CM.
Thanks for the advice HT - i guess i knew this - just canvassing opinions and maybe some alternatives to help approach the buying - wouldn't buy just on any ones say-so - I really like CM - want a playmate for it - but more of a casting machine (why not?) - can handle em

cheers and thanks

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
[(in fact i have 3 TTR's!) and there both animals.

eh?????

Have you seen the carbon metal crest lovely rod it's the daddy of the cm range the ttr is still a beast but i would class that as pure rough ground rod you say you doing mixed rough ground cmc is the boy. just got the anubis+ would have had one of these with out a doubt if it had been out earlier.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
sound adivce this, i use CM'S for most of my fishing but also use WR300'S for heavy marks these are very different rod's power wise but have a simmilar action mine are 14'6" with reducer.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[(in fact i have 3 TTR's!) and there both animals.

eh?????

Have you seen the carbon metal crest lovely rod it's the daddy of the cm range the ttr is still a beast but i would class that as pure rough ground rod you say you doing mixed rough ground cmc is the boy. just got the anubis+ would have had one of these with out a doubt if it had been out earlier.
Nice one - i'd forgotten about CMC - thinkin now!:g:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I have 2 LT Bullets and they are the dogs danglies. They are very powerful but if you have good technique do load nicely with 175gr and bait.

I also use mine on the field but they do bite back on 150gr or less !! You will struggle to overpower them.

I have used a TTR but found them a bit dead and lifeless. I would say the TTR has slightly more grunt lower down, a much stiffer butt, yet a softer tip than the bullet.

The CMC is probably slightly less powerful than a bullet.

The original LT Bullet btw is stiffer and slightly tippier than the newer dymic version.

If you want a real stiffy try a TNXS142 or an original century raptor TTR. You have been warned tho!!!!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WR300 - this one i don't (personally) know at all - sound good as it would give me a rougher ground option - what's it like for casting

is the reducer a casting reducer?

alan

·
Halfway To the Horizon
1,513 Posts
another vote for the TTR :) i have 2 now.... the Big danny edition and a standard in pure carbon.
amazing rods - especially for the rough ground. casting wise - they have a gd reputation, and if u know/learn how 2 handle them, all the better.
CMC could be another choice - if u want a century, why not phone and spk 2 simon. see what advice he could offer......:g:
PS

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
WR300 - this one i don't (personally) know at all - sound good as it would give me a rougher ground option - what's it like for casting

is the reducer a casting reducer? :)

alan
as i said alan, its like a monster CM for action,it casts very well with normal lead/bait,but really takes big lead/bait well into its stride.carbon casting reducer(i have seats fitted to mine)cant rate it enough really

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the griff guys - i will whittle the list down to 2-3 to look at - and go from there.

cheers:clap3:

alan

G

·
Why have the same as everyone else on the beach when for the same money you can get a better rod from Alba (our very own Stan M).

visit http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Read his reviews, check out other anglers using his gear and get your very own custom built rod for the same money as the ones that everyone else is using, whilst still using the very best in materials.

Tom

...Don't be a sheep

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Why have the same as everyone else on the beach when for the same money you can get a better rod from Alba (our very own Stan M).

visit http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Read his reviews, check out other anglers using his gear and get your very own custom built rod for the same money as the ones that everyone else is using, whilst still using the very best in materials.

Tom

...Don't be a sheep
i will add that STAN M is a super bloke to deal with:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts