World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks im looking on Ali express for bass lures. Ive never fished for bass before so im a complete newbie. I was wondering what lures you have all gotten off there as there is so much choice i dont know where to start.

Many thanks

· Banned
1,487 Posts
I like my aliexpress cheapies but my stand out lure last year was a 100mm yo-zuri crystal 3d crystal minnow jointed had over 50 bass last year, I only started late summer 2017 so I though that was pretty good going.

For a jointed lure it out casts well being good for 35-40 meters and out fishes anything else I have and gets fish out of places other lures just don't work.

No technique required it just works slung out and reeled in. Under a tenner including delivery on ebay.

· Banned
1,487 Posts
I caught on green back, perch, and banana peel (dayglow yellow tail) factory colours, but yes my best one by a mile was a home foiled brown back one. I guess fishing at night the solid body of the foiled one makes a difference.

I have a dayglow pink one now to see how that goes at night.

That one in the link you posted is a 130mm.....I haven't had a fish on my one......which is why I only have the one and now have 7 of the 100mm size, two of them foiled and brown backed so far. The 100s are a far superior lure for me. The slightest breeze and the size of the 130 becomes a liability casting wise. It is also a lot more buoyant than the smaller one so in rough conditions it doesn't dig in as well as the little one.

· Banned
1,487 Posts
Got a link tone
I just go on ebay.co.uk set it to worldwide, cheapest first and search "yo zuri 3d crystal jointed 100mm" see what colours shimreels/lurecandy have in stock. Do NOT go for the 105mm version as it goes 10ft down rather than 6-10 inches, and don't bother with the sashimi 100mm jointed which casts crap even though it is 5 grams heavier than the 3d jointed.

The most interesting one they have at the moment is the perch because it is the most solid colour, it also has the plain holo foil flashing plate rather than the patterned foils of some of the other colours. This means if you don't get on with the perch colour scheme rubbing the sides down, but leaving the back and belly untouched, and topcoating with devcon or whatever you choose to use to get the sanded sides glass clear again you get the most incredible flashing plate/prism effect with a nice green back and clear orange belly. You really need to see these yo zuri prism effect things to realise how flashy a flashing plate can be.

· Banned
1,487 Posts
A picture saves me having to type a thousand words.
The patterned foils glisten and sparkle a bit but dont make the most of the prism effect of the body castings.

The plain holo foil gives a massive flash and all the colours of the rainbow playing across the lure because of the prism body.

Pics don't catch the effect you need a film.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.