1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
One with built-in hand holds!;)
blueskip

G

·
Look at the ranges from Blakes and International.

They have some made specifically for those that go beyond MK II.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Mach 2 as well!
blueskip

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not my fault its got a 3ltr bmw lump,how about interspeed,please no more comedians,havn,t got many ribs left

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Tom ,at least I now know I have got to look for a fast antifoul?I wern,t talking out me backside.Thanks for the pm,s

·
Registered
487 Posts
banny,
i used International antifouling last year,

we live in a heavy fouling area, and the boat is on a drying mooring,

we used International Primocon to seal the old antifouling then 2 coats of Interspeed Ultra for the new antifouling,

our boat tops out at 44kts, we have had NO chipping or peeling, the only weed build up we had was on the top of the trimtabs (stainless steel), which i left unpainted,

hope this helps Andy.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Andy,only bring boat up on hard for one weekend,so just has quick scrape down and a antifoul,have you got a better system that i could do,say over 3 days,Thanks Dave :)

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
I use Interspeed but as I can only reach 29knots that is not a true test for you! Should be good for 40, it's nice and hard and smooth.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks Andy,only bring boat up on hard for one weekend,so just has quick scrape down and a antifoul,have you got a better system that i could do,say over 3 days,Thanks Dave :)
Dave,

when we bought our boat, she had old antifouling that the previous owner had painted, we didn't know what type of antifouling it was or how old it was so decided to use the primocon to give us a good base to start from,

like you all we did was gave a bit of a scrape/sand then painted on the primer 1st day, then the 1st top coat the 2nd day and the final top coat the 3rd day, dry's fairly quickly and covers well,

they recommend 2 coats of Interspeed for the season,

the overcoating times on the tin, based on a temperature of +15c are :-

Primocon 3hrs
Interspeed 10hrs
Immersion min 12hrs, max 3 months,

Andy

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
banny,
our boat tops out at 44kts, we have had NO chipping or peeling, the only weed build up we had was on the top of the trimtabs (stainless steel), which i left unpainted,

hope this helps Andy.
Andy
They aint trim tabs mate they are short wings, at 44kts you would be breaking the speed limit in many areas, does your boat ever touch the water at that speed? I did 28kts in mine the other week & I thought I was going to have a stroke:giveup:
blueskip

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

Stupid question time here.. if the boat is capable of 40knts will any living thing be able to hang on to the hull with that amount of pressure hitting it at even a fraction of that speed ?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Davy holt,its not the speed that the boat does its what it picks up on its swinging mooring,and when they get a hold they really do .As 95% of the year it sits there,on its mooring,surely you understand how they really get a strong grip on the hull,and a blast at 40 knts does not give you a clean hull.I hope that answers your question

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya,

its not the speed that the boat does its what it picks up on its swinging mooring,and when they get a hold they really do .As 95% of the year it sits there,on its mooring,surely you understand how they really get a strong grip on the hull,
I suppose if it's sitting on the mooring for 95% of the time then the growth would get a good grip.

and a blast at 40 knts does not give you a clean hull.I hope that answers your question
That's the bit I don't get.. at 40 knots the water would be hitting the hull at about or more than the pressure from a pressure washer.. I know from past experience how difficult it is to get anything to stick to a hull at even half that speed hence the reason I'm surprised anything can hang on to a hull at 40knts. Around the water line and on trim tabs yes, but the hull I would have thought would be kept pretty clean... but like everything else you live and learn :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Davy,a blast at 40knts,i am pretty sure it has not cleaned it off.It is comming in this weekend for a scrape down ,and 2 coats of interspeed.So i will let you know condition of hull ,thanks Dave

1 - 20 of 30 Posts