World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather (not) I have recently changed from mono to braid for Plugging/Spinning but seem to be getting a lot of problems with it after a few casts. It twists and tangles and ends up in a right mess :banghead: Have gone thru 2 spools of Spiderwire in 2 sessions so as you can all imagine its starting to get costly and very frustrating!!! Is it the way i put it on the reel? Is it my reel? Is it my rod? Is it the brand of braid? Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
all depends on wot type of reel ya using??
im a full time lure angler 4 pike and member of LAS and PAGB and use braid 4 everything i wouldnt entertain the idea of spiderwire..... far to much money and its ****.... same as fire line!! get ya self some berkley whiplash its cheap as chips at the mo. 17.50 for 300metres!!
how are u attaching ya lures? tyin or using a snap link? use the snap link but not fox links there crap see if ya can hunt down some new prologic snap links there 1.50 a pack of 20 and tough as nails, or google jennifields tackle they make the best links. always attach a swivel to the link!
as for spoolin ya reel, thread the braid all the way through ya rod and daggle the spool in a bucket of water, this will bed the braid perfect.

p.s stay clear or non big name brands..... and dont bother with wax coated braids..... PM if ya want more details

Danny

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all depends on wot type of reel ya using??
im a full time lure angler 4 pike and member of LAS and PAGB and use braid 4 everything i wouldnt entertain the idea of spiderwire..... far to much money and its ****.... same as fire line!! get ya self some berkley whiplash its cheap as chips at the mo. 17.50 for 300metres!!
how are u attaching ya lures? tyin or using a snap link? use the snap link but not fox links there crap see if ya can hunt down some new prologic snap links there 1.50 a pack of 20 and tough as nails, or google jennifields tackle they make the best links. always attach a swivel to the link!
as for spoolin ya reel, thread the braid all the way through ya rod and daggle the spool in a bucket of water, this will bed the braid perfect.

p.s stay clear or non big name brands..... and dont bother with wax coated braids..... PM if ya want more details

Danny
I use a pro logic reel and always use snaplinks, think there berkeley!!! That info is great mate gouna get on the case today. Thanks alot

·
Registered
553 Posts
Have to agree with Danny, I use Berkley whiplash pro in 20 lb and had no problems at all, if anything its improved my catch rate, had salmon n sea trout on it down the river and macky in the sea.
Andy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks boys much appreciated, thats a great help. Could do with upping my catch rate!!!! lol

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
spiderwire..... far to much money and its ****.... same as fire line!!
Danny
got to agre about spiderwire but haven't had any probs with fireline yet... famous last words though:wiggle:

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have found with braid you are better to UNERFILL your spool. if you load it like you do mono then you will get tangles etc
yeh deffo underfill a small amount stops wind knots

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
For what it's worth I have found Varivas "Supa braid" slightly better behaved for casting (and if I momentarily get any slack) than Whiplash which I have used for a long time for downtiding.

I bet their "Bass " lines are even better but OUCH ! the price.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Berkely whiplash pro, tried many types, but found pro the roundest, and easist to use.:bounce:
Good value for money 300 yds in most strains around £19.99.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts