World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Please, can anyone advise on the best budget rod to buy for bass fishing from the shore, using crab over medium-rough ground, and casting not too far. I want something that, when matched to a reel (again any suggestions), will be light enough and balanced enough to hold comfortably.

However, of note, I've only up to £50 to spend!

I've seem the Daiwa Longbeam bass, Abu Garcia Enticer & Phazer bass, Shakespeare SALT bass, etc., etc. but haven't a clue about the differences!

Please help and many thanks in advance.

·
Banned
600 Posts
Hi

I have sent you a private message about the Bass rod.

Look in and click the top right hand corner of this webpage to access your private messages. I have just bought a new Bass set which was excellent value for money.

Welcome to the site mate!!!

Cheers,
Rich

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Hi and welcome to forums interested party. this topic has come up a lot recently and you should try searching threads using the 'search' bar at the top of the page.
I would have to say go for the Shakey Odessa Bass if you can still get one for about £45. The Mustad Viking Lite 116 may suit you although when i tried it i found it a little to through actioned and 'floppy'. The new Shakespear Salt MPV or Salt Spin are both good rods, however the Salt flattie and bass are not so good and the action on them felt unbalanced to me. The Odessa would be the one i would go for, but for the money (£40) the new Salt MPV will take some beating with its Fuji fittings and soft shrink wrap.

·
Registered
141 Posts
welcome mate,i've got a a penn powerstick bass rod myself and i find it brilliant!its light ,loads of power to whack out a 3oz lead+bait and great fun with a 3lb bass kicking about on the other end .cost me £50,just remember,you get what you pay for.have a look on ebay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts