World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

we would like to go for a boat trip mid june. any suggestions for an area within a 100 miles of edinburgh that will fish well? We do not mind mackerell but it is not the main goal of the trip. We are also looking for a good charter boat in this area.
and finally, we will not fill up the boat completely so volunteers are wellcome...

jan

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
hi skipperboy if your willing to travel the hundred miles try ian burret with onyermarks over on the west coast at drumore , its prob. the best fishing you will have in scotland , tope, pollock, and a host of other species , he is a member of this forum so give him a bell :clap3: :clap3:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Or if you want cod, go South, down the A1 to Berwick on Tweed, and go out with David Thompson on "On A Promise " max 10 tel. 01289 302749 This is a very fast Cygnus.

Or go a bit further South to Seahouses, and go out with Matty Stephenson aboard ' UNITY ' a big roomy craft that takes 12. No distance from harbour to the cod grounds ring Matty on 01665 721706 or 17702733871

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys!

the ones on the east coast seem more feasable as I meant a 100 km instead of miles but I will negociate it with the others. thanks for the advice!

jan

·
Registered
775 Posts
Drummore is definately worth the drive regardless.

everytime I've came off one on Ians boats I've been grinning from ear to ear!

you know it makes sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts