World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Doesn't matter. The colour/finish won't last long!

Seriously, just get a natural colour. It always helps me with confidence which is key. Having said that I love red/orange (akakin) as that is always great for dawn and dusk imho.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Asanago Flashing Plate, colour doesn't come off this one, it's on the inside. Had loads of fish on this one Mat, very natural looking in the water

·
Registered
488 Posts
I started a similar thread a little while back LINK There was some good advice given so may be worth a read!

I went for the Red/Gold and the Joker as they were different to what I already had. The RG has proved a real hit and has taken Bass, Pollock and Mackerel No luck with the Joker yet but it doesn't get anywhere near as much use.

The colour comes off a bit but I doubt very much if that effects the performance of the lure! and because they're so shallow they are a really decent addition to the collection!

I reckon the Holo Silver and the Asanago FP could be real killers too!

Good luck

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yep, ANY of the 'flashing plate' colours stand up brilliantly to wear, as Joe said.....the colour is on the inside ...will other lure manufacturers think about this.....having said that ,some of the newer Chug Bug colours have followed the same idea. cheers.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Now that's confidence for you Robbo !!!
:sun:

IMO The colour,size, shape, etc etc etc 'can' be vital on any given day but being in the right place at the right time is far more important. I can only go by my experience, but I have one or 2 lures that are pretty beat up, but they still catch fish!

It would be nice if the lures were made with the colour inside (so they look better) but I certainly wouldn't be put off getting a lure just because the paintwork chips.

·
Registered
769 Posts
:sun:

IMO The colour,size, shape, etc etc etc 'can' be vital on any given day but being in the right place at the right time is far more important. I can only go by my experience, but I have one or 2 lures that are pretty beat up, but they still catch fish!

It would be nice if the lures were made with the colour inside (so they look better) but I certainly wouldn't be put off getting a lure just because the paintwork chips.
You're absolutely spot on in what you say,no offence was meant in any way by my comment, it's great to know that a hard lure that's lost colour, scratched, etc, including the brilliant Komomo II will still attract fish and catch........very encouraging looking at some of mine LoL :cc_surren:thumbs:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Sorry but I'd say colour is of paramount importance in lure fishing and IMHO, the no.1 reason so many of my plugs are in the box of doom!

Obviously having fish in front of you helps! but what you then throw at them is surely what this game is all about?

Just to balance things out and in answer to the OP, I have the well rated Komomo 2, in colour listed as 013 and have caught nothing with it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
It's not even up for debate if lures with scratches or chips in the paint work catch fish. They do.

It's the principle. If I spend a tenner or less on a lure then it's to be expected. If I spend upwards of £15 then no, not in the first few sessions unless I'm working very, very rocky ground.

I also wish more manufacturers would insert the finish on the inside. But then I also wish they would only put 2 trebles on 12+cm lures too.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Sorry but I'd say colour is of paramount importance in lure fishing and IMHO, the no.1 reason so many of my plugs are in the box of doom!

Obviously having fish in front of you helps! but what you then throw at them is surely what this game is all about?

Just to balance things out and in answer to the OP, I have the well rated Komomo 2, in colour listed as 013 and have caught nothing with it.
Each to there own I think that colour can be paramount on any given day but it not the be all and end all!

I went out this morning and had two small bass One on a ayu Xrap and 1 on a Battered holo chase, but I had bites on the red/gold Kommo2 and a pearl redgill (115 and 178) so colour, size, depth or action didn't seem to effect the fishes willingness to 'attack' my lures.

It makes sense to have a range of lures for the days they're feeling fussy, but as I've said I'm not put off my old faithfuls just because the finish is fading.

I've got the Joker Kommo and I've never had a bite on it and I have a few other 'highly rated' lures that are the same. I suppose what works in one area doesn't always work in others.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It's not even up for debate if lures with scratches or chips in the paint work catch fish. They do.

It's the principle. If I spend a tenner or less on a lure then it's to be expected. If I spend upwards of £15 then no, not in the first few sessions unless I'm working very, very rocky ground.

I also wish more manufacturers would insert the finish on the inside. But then I also wish they would only put 2 trebles on 12+cm lures too.

I nearly always fish Very rocky areas so I guess I tend not to worry to much, It would be nice if the finish lasted better on some lures but it wouldn't put me off getting another chase or kommo when I loose them! I'm more put off by expensive lures with rubbish hooks or that have bibs that break easily and are then useless.

The whole 3 treble thing is pointless (although it does make a handy supply of spare trebles, I always remove one of the 3) But thats a whole other topic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.