World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with some more information on the Daiwa Sloshs series of multipliers?

Basically i want to know whats the main differences between the older sloshs an the newer 'x' type with the gold handles.

Also what size is more suitable for medium to rough ground beach fishing (including some strong tidal marks) the 20 or 30's?

I see the older type has 4 bearings while the newer has 3, however the x seems to have a better free spool type design?

And lastly, would a 525 supermag be a better choice (bearing in mind i have a 7ht already for lighter work)

Any info from people using these would be gratefully recieved!

cheers

·
Registered
754 Posts
ive got a slosh 20 and a 30shv (did have 2 20's but sold one when i got the 30)
both are excellent reels !!
i use 7ht's in the summer and the sloshes in the winter when i use 35lb line right through to lessen the amount of **** that the shockleader knots picks up. My only grouse about the 20 is the amount of line it holds - no prob with light line but even i can empty it with heavy line on.
I've not had the shv long but i love it already , the spool runs a lot freer than the basic slosh but still no problems at all controlling it (even when i filled it with 15lb line to test it out) its very very smooooooth
I'm told that the balance weight on the handle can be a problem , catching on the cuffs of a floatie but can say for sure until the cold weather arrives

in short - BUY ONE - you'll never regret it
(same applies to any daiwa multi - i've got 6 and cant fault them at all (except for the bloody silly , piddling little handle on the 7ht)

ps - wouldnt mind exchanging my other 20 for a 30 hint hint

oh - just to upset you - i got my 30shv for £45 NEW off ebay (must have been my lucky day!!!!!)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had alook around since posting, and as i need a new rod also it seems i will either go for

One of the Penn 525 SuperMag / Outasite Combos at £200

or

A slosh 30 or 30 shv with a Daiwa Supercast STS13PM (probably about £220 all in)

What do people reckon is the best option?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply Keith

Whats the 30shv like size wise, i really like the look of it and would like to be a bit different than the usual penn 525, but it does look rather bulky, does it balance ok on the rod?

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Slosh30 is bigger than the Penn but it's designed to be loaded with heavier mono. I use the old style 30 and, assuming that the size has changed much with the SHV, it balances out fine.

I personally couldn't recommend a better reel

·
Registered
754 Posts
dont think the shv is any bigger than the standard - you do need reasonably big hands though , i found that you get a far better grip casting reel down - but cant be arsed doing that

i have a old supercast and i love it , would like a pm but pennies wont allow at the mo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts