World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do u use for spinning for Bass?

I just realised i might be using line which is to heavy...

Tortue Acrylan 33lb

I might check for some lighter line tomorrow.

+ Do u guys use any leader line(i think it's called like this in English)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Definately too heavy mate.
Use 10 or 12lb mate.
It`s a bit dearer but 25lb braid is the same diameter and gives you a bit more pulling power to get through weed,snags etc.
Also the fight on braid is spectacular as you "feel" more of the fish down the line.
You dont necessarily need a leader when using mono mainline but if using braid some people use a 3 ft leader of mono to act as a shock absorber on the take as there is no stretch with braid.
Personally I dont bother.
Hope this helps bud,
Terry F.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx for the input, i'm probaly gonna get some Fireline or Acrylan tomorrow if i find some, my father brought some Rapala Titanium line from Finland, but i don't really know what to do with it since it's only 25 metres.
Any suggestion on what to do with it?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Rap.titanium is a very good braid but not a lot you can do with 25 metres of it.
If you meant 25lb then get it spooled on mate :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi there, I use 30lb Berkley Whiplash for spinning for Bass and it is the best with no stretch. I will never use mono again.

redhead

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
terry f. said:
Rap.titanium is a very good braid but not a lot you can do with 25 metres of it.
If you meant 25lb then get it spooled on mate :)
Hehe no it's 25 metres, i might use i for making some hooks and stuff :)

·
Master Blanker
3,582 Posts
i use a maximum 15lb line, i now use ultima black ice. its great. it definatly has to be a clear line, bass are easily spooked :) matt

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Berkley XDS!! I use it, along with the 'normal' Berkley braid, for ALL my fishing. Instant contact with the fish, the softer spinning rod allows for taking the sudden strain of a diving fish rather than the line stretching. As long as you don't use your rod as a crane and the reel as a winch the thinner braid does not 'bed down' on the spool and retains its smooth outer covering. I use 17lb for spinning and light rod fishing and the 35lb on my beachcaster. I also have a second spool for my ABu elite with the 17lb with a shock leader for when i'm fishing clean beaches. Only been using it just over a year but see no reason to change. Also experimenting with some Spiderwire on a spinning reel (bought both cheaply on E-bay!)

I found some bits of a very smooth black braid (no stretch anyway) someone had lost on a rock and find it stiff and ideal as snood material. Anyone any idea, from my short description, what it might be?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts