World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,goin away for a nights fishing on monday,last couple of trips were a nightmare,went up to skye was a disaster.Thought ad try a loch this time,maby loch long,fyne,etive,never fished them before,gona be camping,can anyone please reccomend a good mark to stick tent up next to fairly deep water where a could possibly catch a range of species,dying to catch a pollock,lost a big one up in skye,was sick....any advice much apprecited,Thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Midweek camping would be okay to fish Furnace Quarry, deep with conger, lsd, Pollack, cod, Mackerel, sea trout.

Check your pm for directions

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate mibby give it a bash,read a post saying its a bit of a mess the quarry,does cairndow fish ok high ,low tide can you camp there?cheers.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have it on good authority that Cairndow is a low water mark mate, too much weed at high water. You could go further down the east side towards Stracur and beyond, plenty of bits to fish from, but you have to be early to beat the divers.

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
cairndow is more a low mark as the tide can move out a wee bit,there aint much camping space at cairndow and if i was going to camp i would go furnace

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,will post report wena get back,cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts