World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All
I am trying to get wife to buy me a multiplier for birthday!
I havent used one for years !
Back then the only braking system was your thumb ! and if your mate caught a fish or a girl walked by with short skirt when you were casting!
Then the rest of your day was de-nesting a birdie.
Can any of you lads or lassies ! suggest a reel to buy ?I was thinking of a sl30sh or abu 6500 mag elite.
But i am open to suggestion .:huh:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i have a mag elite and 525 mag. i would never use my mag elite now its still brand new iv never used it lol the 525 mag is a good reel for anything i use mine everywere, it has a very fast 6.1 retrive ratio my weight skips along the water when reeling in and get up from the bottom and away from the rocks quickly. it is also very good for casting i prefer my 525 for casting over my 6500. iv used my 6500 a few times when iv snapped my line at the water when iv been snaged but i always end up puttin line back on my 525 to swap back over.

at the minute iv been looking for a new 525 mag xtra but i went to reelsport and he told me the only difrence from my old 525 mag and the xtra is you get 2 spare ceramic bearing and a xtra magnet 2 slow it down more if you put the fast bearings in, so now im wanting the 525 mag with the knobbly magnet controller i think its called the 525 tournamag, well it was called that when i was fishing years ago. so i think il be getting a new tornamag shortly and il keep my old 525 spare incase i get a birds nest or snap my line :p

my first reel was an abu 6500 c3 ct rocket and i loved that untill i got my 525 mag so if you plan on fishing some rough stuff id recomend a 525. im also thinking wether to get a slosh20 but dont want to risk losing distance off my cast the slosh30 has a bigger spool then the 20 so i think that wont cast as far as the 20 or the 525.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts