World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys n gals, wer'e newbees to forum & kayaks (3 weeks) been out 3 trips about 1/2 mile off shore in Looe bay cornwall. LUV IT, catching fish, & getting used to kayaks, now time to purchase trousers, any advice which is best, waist fit or bib & brace type looking to spend around £65 ish per pair we bought Palm caspian cags which we're happy with, any advice on do's and do'nts many thanks Bob and Katherine.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Hi guys n gals, wer'e newbees to forum & kayaks (3 weeks) been out 3 trips about 1/2 mile off shore in Looe bay cornwall. LUV IT, catching fish, & getting used to kayaks, now time to purchase trousers, any advice which is best, waist fit or bib & brace type looking to spend around £65 ish per pair we bought Palm caspian cags which we're happy with, any advice on do's and do'nts many thanks Bob and Katherine.
whoops ,very sorry repiled to the wrong post and thread, Ireally must lay off the red stuff

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I don't know if you are planning to carry on once it starts to cool down, if so you are gonna need drysuits. If you do want to pack up for the winter the sea is at its coldest in the spring when you would want to start again. Most of us use drysuits which are considered much safer, you might be better off saving your cash for them instead.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes, a dry suit is the way to go I have a crewsaver (crew member spec.) which cost £220 inc fleece, these suits are rated as temporary immersion suits not full survival suits which cost about £900.

At this time of the year supermarkets sell off their wetsuit stock at 1/2 price, I bought a full mens one last year for £17. A wet suit is not as good as a dry suit but will extend the season a month or two.

·
Registered
388 Posts
if you want a dry suit and dont want to pay for a new one, find your nearest dive club and get in touch with the diveing instructer and ask does he know if the club members have any seconhand wans for sale.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are only two bib and brace type paddling pants on the market to my knowledge,the Palm sidewinder and the Peak.

I have had the Sidewinders and they leaked after a few months and ended up in the bin.

I've just ordered a pair of the Peak ones but you won't find them anywhere for £60 :nono:

To be honest you'll be hard pushed to find anything suitable for £60,I would save your money and buy a drysuit as Pinkfoot said,,,,It is not a cheap sport!! My drysuit was £320:banghead:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
if you want a dry suit and dont want to pay for a new one, find your nearest dive club and get in touch with the diveing instructer and ask does he know if the club members have any seconhand wans for sale.
We don't use divesuites, you need a 'surface watersports drysuit'. Very comfy, nice fit, keep the wind out.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Just gonna echo what's been said already - dry suit is the way to go ...

In the warm summer (HA !) I use a shortie wetsuit and a lightweight windproof sailing type jacket but as soon as the water temp reaches 15c - the drysuit is back on !!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.