World Sea Fishing Forums banner

Which rod holding bag, Salt or Mustad ??

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  rayjp 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Not being funny bud,

But if I was you,I would go with the shakespeare one.

I have recently bought a Mustad rucksack,and on the first outing with it,the top strap came off,and one of the carry straps is coming away from the pack.....

I have also heard a few others with complaints about mustad as well recently....

#3 ·
you are aware that the salt bag you,ve shown is just a ... quiver. your rods and rest will stick out the top by about 2ft.

the mustad is a full bag covering the whole of your rods with rest on the outside.

if its a quiver your after i would recomend the grays at about the same price.

#4 ·
you are aware that the salt bag you,ve shown is just a ... quiver. your rods and rest will stick out the top by about 2ft.

the mustad is a full bag covering the whole of your rods with rest on the outside.

hi yeah i did just notice now that its a quiver and thats not what i really want, i do want one thats going to cover the rods completly.

just seeN the other salt holder in the shop on here at £19.99. is that at good buy ?
or is there anything cheaper anywhere else ?

#5 ·
hi yeah i did just notice now that its a quiver and thats not what i really want, i do want one thats going to cover the rods completly.

just seeN the other salt holder in the shop on here at £19.99. is that at good buy ?
or is there anything cheaper anywhere else ?
go for the salt one had a mustard one not that good conparied to the sait one the sait one is much tougher and will cover your rods right up my mustard one ripeed when i put the rods in

#7 ·
go for the salt one had a mustard one not that good conparied to the sait one the sait one is much tougher and will cover your rods right up my mustard one ripeed when i put the rods in
OK is there anyother online shops that sell this size salt bag ?

as i also wanted to get some weights & clips but the shop here doesnt seem to stock anything like that....

#8 ·
#9 ·

i had a greys given when i bought the apollo and its a really good heavyweight piece of kit:notworthy :notworthy

#10 ·
I have the salt - its great ! - it extends - is well made & has lots of features (I was suprised at what I got for my money for once) even the straps and handles are adjustable for balance & the tripd clips are well placed with a pocket for the foot.

no I dont work for them lol - just happy with the bag

#13 ·
everyone saying go for the salt so looks like it will be that one :)
although, i have a mustad one, and think its the bees knees for the money!!! (was only a tenner + a cople of quid p+p off flea bay!!!) holds my 12' 2 peice, both my 13' 3 piece rods and can JUST squeeze my 2 piece uptider in too!! also plenty space in outside pocket for tripod, brolly, beach buddy etc!! :clap2:

hope this helps

tight lines
alan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.