World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking to buy a rod for use over clean to semi rough ground, casting 5oz (on occasion 6oz using a mag elite or penn 525), that are capable of a long cast. I am looking around the £150 price range but am unsure what to buy. Rods that have caught my eye are the Greys Supro and the Diawa Supercast. My thoughts are leaning towards the Supro. Any advise would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have one of the old Diawa Paul Kerry Supercast Mk11s. I have had it for about 16yrs or so. It still gets out once in a while. It will cast a long way when required.

If I could justify buying new rod(s), I would certainly consider the new Supercasts, as Diawa obviously have lots of experience developing them.

I wouldn't mind a pair of the 13' ones......or maybe a pair of Zziplex Profiles......£££££££

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't know much about the Greys Supro. I do own a Greys Syntra and a pair of Pz matches and find them awsome rods. Plus you get the lifetime gaurantee with them.

The Diawa Supercasts are excellent rods for the money, they do basically what it says on the tin. I have also found that they are very responsive to even the most sensitive of bites.

Other rods which are in that price range are some of the rod combos from penn, they are well worth having a look at.

Before you decide I would seek advice from a good tackle dealer in your area. These days some even let you try them out. Failing that become a member of a local club and I am sure the member will be only to glad to let you try out their various rods until you find one that is for you.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Ypu would have to go a long way to beat the buy one get one free on the Greys PZ match at tonys tackle. Give him a ring and see if he has any left at that silly price. Alternatively the Century Carbon Metal Express will be a good rod for the jobs you have stated.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
There's a Greys Orion on ebay (item no 320093697465) at the moment for £75, which would do and handle everything you want...

As said previously, the PZ Match deal @ Tony's Tackle is excellent - 2 rods for the price of one, if he's any left

1 - 6 of 6 Posts