World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got £250 to spend on a rod and i want a century,coneflex or a zipplex i want to use it for the beach and rock's any help in choosing would be grateful. thank's joe.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
ron thOMPSON axcellerator, about 100 quid, apparently almost a good as these top range rods for less than half the price, 13 foot 6, very strong.

P

·
0 Posts
What a nice budget, you obviously have an idea as to what you want.

I personally own a Century Carbon Metal, at 13' 6" it is a very nice rod to handle and cast with, I cast reel down, it will work equally well in the reel up position. The tip stays pretty still in wind and has good bite indication. And they cost less than £200 just!

I have one of the Abu grip-lock reel seats on mine, or you can use the excellent Century coasters!

T

·
0 Posts
I too recommend these rods, as Iuse them as well, also look at the Penn Sidewinder,comes with Free superMag, I rate this rod highly as well, just my personal opinions, hope this helps.

P

·
0 Posts
I used to have a Century Carbon Metal Express, at 13' 9" it was one stiff mutha of a rod. I have been told that it is an out-and-out rough ground rod. Having had one for 5 months, I no longer own it, it will pull in anything!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks lads but in the end i bought a century tip tornado super match from gerry's havent tried it out yet. ill let you no how it is next week (phoned tonys tackle for a rod dont no if it was just me but boy can he rabbit on put me right off in the end so i got one from gerry's instead)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts