World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!!
Im new to this site, so hello to everybody!
I am swapping my Zzipy SST and have been offered loads of different rods, just wondering if you lot can help me out with which ones are best? I have limited zziplex knowledge, have always been a century man!!
Theses are the rods ive been offered:-
LT14
Dymic LT Bullet
Zziplex profile
Zziplex M4
Primo full tournament
And a century wr300
Help me please!"!!! :g:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The LT14 is really taking my fancy as I beleive its easier to bend than some of the others, have only tried my sst once with 5 ozs, hardly bent at all!! gona need 6 and some good timing to get some distance!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
The LT14 is really taking my fancy as I beleive its easier to bend than some of the others, have only tried my sst once with 5 ozs, hardly bent at all!! gona need 6 and some good timing to get some distance!
The rod is not that stiff but like most beach rods they often suit 6oz better.
I would keep the rod unless you can get a decent swap.

Your better off taking the rod down to a casting competition and getting some proper lessons. It doesn't matter what rod you use if you aint got no technique!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
The M4 is a bit stronger than the Profile, so I'd go for the M4 for mixed ground work.
It's a very nice fishing rod period!

john

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a lesson booked in chukka. I do pendulum and previously had a TTR prototype which was the best rod Ive ever cast, had a different action to the TTR and was lighter. Apparantly it went on to become the raptor international. Only 3 of the prototypes were made. I couldnt go wrong with that rod. Im mainly after a rod that is comfortable with both 5&6 oz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts