World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been years since i owned a zippy last one was dream machine gs and quattra...i then went to daiwas and recently bought a century excaliber c curve......if i was going to get a zippy what would people on here recomend...
I can cast 200 yrds....and want it for fishing ....thought id pick your casting brains .

·
Registered
898 Posts
Its been years since i owned a zippy last one was dream machine gs and quattra...i then went to daiwas and recently bought a century excaliber c curve......if i was going to get a zippy what would people on here recomend...
I can cast 200 yrds....and want it for fishing ....thought id pick your casting brains .
This, supposedly, is a forum for casting. You want a fishing rod. I suggest you post on a forum concerned with fishing tackle.
No offence intended.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This, supposedly, is a forum for casting. You want a fishing rod. I suggest you post on a forum concerned with fishing tackle.
No offence intended.
I know its a casting forum ....when im fishing i still gotta cast thats why i wanted some input from casters ...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No replies
...when someone wants any info on reels or rods on fishing forum theres always loads of advice...if i was on here asking about best bait for smoothound fair enough ...f *** off on fishing site ...but asking for advice on a rod ffs its a casting and fishing tooooooool...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I know that you obviously need to cast to be able to fish (mostly), but still I would suggest that you try to put your question in the tackle & equipment section. After all, there can be quite some difference between casting rods and those more suitable for fishing.
I'm sure there will be a lot of people ready to help you out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Perhaps mentioning what sort of fishing you've got in mind might help.
I can start cheering about all the Zipps i have, but it'd definitely be of no use to you if you're fishing of the cliffs versus me on a sandy beach.
Let us know and we'll show our helpfull side. Most Zipplex owners won't stop talking about their gear once they have started. ( tackle tarts some are,... )

Cheers, Frank

edit: stupid question perhaps.
Isn't the casting forum about casting technique in general, for the serious angler and for the aspiring athlete?

·
Registered
348 Posts
OK.

I used a GS sport Dream machine with a 3rd generation tip at the UKSF back in the 1990's. Way too stuff to fish. Mackellow used a Quatra as a casting tool before he swapped over to Penn rods.

I would say a TRC and a M427Su would be too stiff to fish with unless you are heavy rock fishing. I'd look at a Promo Syncro myself as a fishing tool. It can still cast over 200 yards on a field.

·
Registered
898 Posts
No replies
...when someone wants any info on reels or rods on fishing forum theres always loads of advice...if i was on here asking about best bait for smoothound fair enough ...f *** off on fishing site ...but asking for advice on a rod ffs its a casting and fishing tooooooool...
If you read the post 'Surf Rod' you will perhaps understand why I posted my comment.
Coach.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Powertex Bass is a nice fishing rod! another cracking fishing rod is an M4 Evo! and every one in between!!
Use an M4 EVO casting 18grm plugs. Seem another guy do 210m using a 150gram

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bullet GT. Bite indication is pretty good, plus will handle any weight. As previously stated the HST or Primo Synchro are also good.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Powertex Bass is a nice fishing rod! another cracking fishing rod is an M4 Evo! and every one in between!!
I did get a Powertex Bass about 15 years (?) ago [when I was talked into buy one at £80] and am surprised how well it could cast at 5oz (!) I must try what happens if I put 6oz on it..... by the way it cast best on 4 -4.25 oz on a lead only.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Coach you still moaning at me for putting a post about a surf rod in the casting post. Thought u lot were supposed to help people not moan.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts