World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have been wanting to buy a zziplex for a while now but get confused by all the different models.
I fish clean and some mixed ground usually 4 or 5 oz weights sometimes 6oz.
I have a Century Tip Tornado LD which I love and suits me well, but it is not suitable for 6oz. I have small hands so a slim butt section appeals to me.
Having a bad back means I am not looking for a stick but a rod that will bend in the cast and be user friendly to cast with, I use 6500 multipliers and also have a penn 525.I have never cast a rod over 13ft and don't really want to go much longer if possible

Would something like the Profile be unable to cast 6oz and the Hi Flex Match be to much for 4 oz leads .

Advise please.

Rich

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
There's a picture of Jason White (top angler and caster) leathering 6oz and a big bluey bait on Facebook, he is using a profile gt, the rod takes it no bother.

It sounds like an option.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with Colin I brought an hsm for general fishing around the south coast and it handles everything really well 5 or 6 oz no problem with a match tip

·
Back from Exile
6,730 Posts
I pendulum cast 175g plus bait with my TTLD no bother. As long as you put the power in smoothly and don't snatch at the cast the rod is more than capable of handling a 6oz lead

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Hi ,

If you want a user friendly rod with a slim 23mm butt that will bend in the cast ,and handle everything between 4oz and 6oz + baits , i would definately have a look at the m4 hiflex match ... the HSM is also great , but more powerfull (i often use 7oz with it) and the butt is thicker (25mm)

Cheers , Gert

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your quick replies.

Regarding the Hi flex match , what is it like at casting a 4 oz lead, I don't want a rod that is to stiff for 4 oz.
Some very useful replies, and I think I need to slow down my cast with the heavier weights.
Am I correct in saying that a glass tip is better for setting the rod in the tide?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Hi ,

the m4 HF match is great for casting weights from 4oz to 6oz ... it is certainly not too stiff for 4oz . A glass (match) tip is not only good for setting in the tide , but also gives a nice bite detection .

Gert

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'd say a profile GT mate, prefer it over my m4GT any day of the week, looks very light but don't be fooled it can put 6+bait out nicely and handles half decent fish beautifully

·
Registered
128 Posts
I concur on the profile gt, easy to cast short and long distances and forgiving if you miss time the cast with 4, 5 and 6 oz weights. It's basically an evo with a glass tip, lovely actioned rod

1 - 14 of 14 Posts