World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I was about to send a PM to Iain aka Hui 5016, but he could not receive it. Therefor, I post this thread, so everybody can see it. I hope Iain finds this thread to.

Made a couple of whisbone paternosters just now, and I wanted to send you some pictures.

Here they are...

An overview picture of one of the rigs.

A little close up picture. This is how I tied the rig. This rig is ment for flattie fishing, and not for bigger species like pollack, cods and so on.

(Hope it would be useful for you, Iain. Good luck, and I would love some reports from you.)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Hi there, what have you used to create the bottom boom. I use the Mustad stiff rig tubing, but was looking for other aleternatives.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Yeah good tip, i think they are best used clipped down. Not for distance, but just to stop them spinning up in mid flight.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My favourite tubing is David Gould's silicone tubing, but when tying whisbone rigs it is not stiff enough, so in this case I have used some shrinking tube.
Actually, the whisbone requires some kind of stiff tubing to keep the two hooks apart. Otherwise the rig is allmost useless.

That is my opinion. :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Actually, the whisbone requires some kind of stiff tubing to keep the two hooks apart. Otherwise the rig is allmost useless.

That is my opinion. :)

oooohh!!! harsh words!! i am a big fan of wishbone rigs for certain types of fishing. never ever use any stiff tubing. if dimensions to breaking strain of line are right the two hooks will fish apart.

good for flats at range....

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Care to elabourate on dimensions? I myself prefer short snoods of about 6inches on either side of the tubing with a few beads and sequins on.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i don't use tubing, just 2 beads either side of the swivel.

i use a light supple line for the main snood and a stiffer line for the snood between the hooks. i will use a finer line between hooks if i intend on using maddies though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts