World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let you know guys the whitby charter skippers spring feastival in underway with a £1000 to won for the heavist fish between the 1st of april to the 14th its worth a shot also a £100 as day cash prizes are up for grabs next week its the small tides wrecking shoud be excellent with some excellent cod fishing so come on give it a whirl you can visit the wcsa website for boats eligable to fish in the festival.

www.wcsa.co.uk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much is it to enter
Hi phil,

It is £30 for each boat to enter per day which if there is say 10 on the boat it costs you only £3 per person and with a daily prize of £100 and a top prize of a £1000 that is not bad value for money the competition starts at 7am and all boats must to back through whitby swing bridge by 5pm , the weighin runs on till 5 30pm then the daily prizes of £50,£30,£20 are given out to the anglers with the 1st 2nd and 3rd heaviest fish of the day.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi phil,

It is £30 for each boat to enter per day which if there is say 10 on the boat it costs you only £3 per person and with a daily prize of £100 and a top prize of a £1000 that is not bad value for money the competition starts at 7am and all boats must to back through whitby swing bridge by 5pm , the weighin runs on till 5 30pm then the daily prizes of £50,£30,£20 are given out to the anglers with the 1st 2nd and 3rd heaviest fish of the day.
plus your fee for your place on one of the boats eligible to enter which varies depending on which boat you go on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
plus your fee for your place on one of the boats eligible to enter which varies depending on which boat you go on.
Hi tim,

yes mate you have your trip to pay for but for the chance of a £1000 for your £3 its not bad mate the small tides next week should see some quality fish coming to the scales on the last slack tides a couple of weeks ago we had cod upto 15lb on shads .

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi tim,

yes mate you have your trip to pay for but for the chance of a £1000 for your £3 its not bad mate the small tides next week should see some quality fish coming to the scales on the last slack tides a couple of weeks ago we had cod upto 15lb on shads .
sorry paul i wasn't meant to sound funny just reminding phil that it wasn't just gonna cost him 3quid.it's great value in my eye's.i've already booked my trip for the summer festival.i'm gonna try to get a trip booked for next week if her indoors will let me and i can get a place.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Due to dirty water and the early arival of the algie bloom which has made fishing inside of 20 miles nearly impossible the spring festival has started slowly most boats had to travel out the wall of death which is a peice of ground around 26 miles from whitby to find clear water as the inshore wrecks havent been fishing due to murky water or poor water clarity,the biggest fish upto present is just over 12lb which was caught on trot on ,the last 2 days for me personally have seen some excellent cod fishing of a couple of wrecks on the 20 mile with plenty of cod between 4- 6lb range and ling upto 10lb which we had 2 yesterday also there is the occasional pollock up and around 6lb mark but bigger fish are not pokeing there heads out you find this when the water isnt really clear they just seem to not want to play but we shall see what turns up today the £1000 first prize is still wide open with only a couple days left in the festival which finishes on saturday the skippers are all out to try and catch the big one.

paul

www.seaotter2.co.uk

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

Winner was Whitby Junior angler Dan Craig with A ling of 15 pounds caught on Trot On. I bet the young lads mum was happy when he turned up with £1050 in his back pocket. Although there was nothing real big there was a fair splattering of cod creeping into double figure including this cod from Paul Kilpatrick's boat sea otter 2

Not sure on methods used mate. Paul keeps threatening to come on here with an update but I think he has so many bookings he is at sea most days at the moment.

Cheers - Glenn

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes we had plenty of fish through the last week of the festival caught mainly on squid but no monsters but the lads went home very happy i will do a full report when once we have done the presentation next saturday but once a gain well done to our winner dan craig who is the youngest winner of any of the festivals whitby charter skippers have ever held dan is a junior in the whitby sea anglers association just what is he going to do with the £1000 cash.

paul

www.sea-otter2.co.uk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts