World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick reminder for anyone who is interested in fiishing the whitby boat festivals this year
april festival 1--14th £1000.00 for heaviest fish over 14 days
july festival 1--14th july £1500.00 for heaviest fish over 14 days
september festival 1--14th september £1000.00 for heaviest fish over 14 days
Also many other prizes ie junior, ladies, speciman etc
Please see www.wcsa.co.uk for a full list of boats and details
its looking like it will be a good year if the weather holds up, as the fishing is really starting to pick up now, with plenty of good cod showing and the ling are now starting to make an appearance.

cheers

krysb

·
Registered
283 Posts
krysb

My mate and I' ve already booked Sea Sprays on Sun 1st, hope the wind would die down by then. The weather forecast for next week doesn't look good - gale force wind blowing all week:sad: finger cross it doesn't extend its blows to festival weeks.

poogong

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
what is best to date should have gone last week but not able to make it out again what have been the best tacktics

·
Registered
283 Posts
makgas
Due to strong wind and rough sea off Whitby, my trips have been cancelled. I believe the best fish is around 6lb. This week from Wednesday onwards the weather looks promising so there should be a lot of boats going out. As for best tactics, you have to ask the skipper you go out with. Malcom of Sea Spray says bait fishing should do well for now as the water is not clear yet.

poogong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts