World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and conourhope made the trip over to whitby quick brekky in the cafe and the trip to the tackle shop for some bits. Met malcom on the
boat and to our suprise there was only us 2 on great all that space.
Well the fishing was poor tryed everything we had at least 200 fresh black which we a had pumped the day before at blackpool. crab, squid, macky, bluey, Well the fish just were not having it water was well coloured up for 3-4 miles out plenty of mackerel there. We had a good haul of macky then tried a few inshore wreck,s dead conourhope managed 3-4codling and i had one and lost on at the boat a few pouting and whiting and i hooked a big edible crab heres a few pics

how much room

frank with a couple of coddo,s

cheers malcom we still had a cracking day and got sunburnt again .....................tony c

·
Registered
522 Posts
Nice pics Tony, hope your painting is going well. It was interesting to learn that Malcolm' s boat would of won the Whitby festival with a large ling if he had made it back on time for the weigh in. UNLUCKY MALC:cry:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Nice report & Pics Tony, shame the fish werent having it. You mentioned all baits used but no lures , were you anchored up or drifting?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice report & Pics Tony, shame the fish werent having it. You mentioned all baits used but no lures , were you anchored up or drifting?
The water was very coloured up tried shads and twin tails we driffted inshore wreck,s and rough ground .
Anchored uptided went all over the plaice there were no mackerel till we got about 5mile out were it cleared a little all fish cought on bait
Malcom tried his socks off to put us on some fish. When they are not having it there not having it .................tony c

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Mate was on Maggie May out of Hartlepool Tuesday, very little caught on there too. My next trip is 14th Aug.out of Whitby on Shy Torque.Hope things improve by then. Will also probs be out next week on Maggie May.

The water was very coloured up tried shads and twin tails we driffted inshore wreck,s and rough ground .
Anchored uptided went all over the plaice there were no mackerel till we got about 5mile out were it cleared a little all fish cought on bait
Malcom tried his socks off to put us on some fish. When they are not having it there not having it .................tony c

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Well you can go antime you want now bob being a angler of lesuire lol. Gonna try and boat a day out with malcolm me mate simon rates him very highly i think he living on there at the mo by the amount of time he is on there.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mate was on Maggie May out of Hartlepool Tuesday, very little caught on there too. My next trip is 14th Aug.out of Whitby on Shy Torque.Hope things improve by then. Will also probs be out next week on Maggie May.
should be nice and clear by then bob, if the weather stays nice. :happy: We are going out on the 7th, first time ive been boat fishing so should be fun if the weather holds.

·
Registered
301 Posts
bob dont forget hat and sunglasses lol cause i will never do that again lol anyway enjoy yourself out there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts