World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
coming up to robin hoods bay at whitby can anyone tell me what the best thing to fish for of the beach , whats about thanks dallas

·
Registered
23 Posts
Chance of bass in the gullies, to be honest it's not the greatest shore venue due to it's shallow nature, throws up cod from the gullies when coloured. kayaks catch a few pollack just off shore. Have struggled the few times I have fished it from the shore can count the fish I have caught there on one hand. If weather suit's would be tempted to have a chuck with some plugs though. By the way the couple of fish I have caught there are a flounder although it would be one of the last place's I would pick to target them and a small codling that was from 3 sessions. But never had a go with lures which im sure will work there on the right day.

·
Registered
345 Posts
big northerlies at the mo, could be a chance of a cod or two.
remember to take some peelers with you though

·
Registered
680 Posts
I have fished robinhoods bay many many times and be one hell of a spot for cod i am sure if you have fresh crab and go down the sewer hole gulley or the scaure just to left of that gully at low water there is plenty of weed there and you will get codling even through daylight as the codling will be feeding on fresh crab robinhoods bay is haven for for codling between 1-3lb and there is a run of them at the momment if you fish off the sea wall over high water you can do well with flatties again fresh peelers are the top bait but worm comes second best.

paul.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts