World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fish Fish Trout Mullet Ray-finned fish
Fish Fish Bass Suzuki Mullet
fished the horses 10am till 2.30pm, bit breezy and wet at times but not too bad, there was quite a bit of weed early on which soon dispersed once the tide picked up, the first few hours i had the odd bite but nothing worthwhile once the water got half way up the stones the fish started to play ball, 2 schoolies, 1 flounder, 1 eel, 1 dab and countless whitings, the begining of the ebb fished quite well.
Out tomorrow but unsure where at the moment, looks like the wind is swinging easterly.
Steve.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nice session Steve, love the species variety at whitehorses although for me they are invariably tiny! Can't wait to get out over there next week.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Hi Steve, I was also there today, I was to the right of Bubbles, luckily no eels, just a few whiting, a couple of dabs and a weaver! I did have a slack liner but I only had the fish on for a few seconds before it got off :-(

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where were you Steve, I was at the end nearest the harbour for very little...ting and smallish dabs
Hi Martyn
i was the other end near the sailing club.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Steve, I was also there today, I was to the right of Bubbles, luckily no eels, just a few whiting, a couple of dabs and a weaver! I did have a slack liner but I only had the fish on for a few seconds before it got off :-(
hello Ray, i was opposite end to you, i was slack lined as well got a bit excited but it ended up being that little schoolie in the photograph just goes to show they don't have to be monsters to do that.
hope your well
Steve.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice session Steve, love the species variety at whitehorses although for me they are invariably tiny! Can't wait to get out over there next week.

hi Tony,
yes agree with you majority are average size in the bay i think it a nursery, however as we know there is always a bonus fish there some where.
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.