World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fished the white oyster this evening after work i didnt have any time to pick up eels so i used shads,we caught 4 bass 2 were returned,we lost quite a few rigs i think it was because the run of the tide wasnt quite fast enough to drift properly we then dropped back into langland and caught dogling but regardless of the fishing it was a glorious evening the sea was dead calm and the temp must have been in the 70's !

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thinking of fishing the oyster tomorrow, don't often fish the area will the tide be ok for a trip out? or should i forget it? doggy

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mo Merkur said:
Sounds Idylic !! Did you get chance to try some feathers ? :rolleyes:
no i didnt get a chance to try any feathers,but i have heard that the mackerel are making an appearance from port eynon point round to oxwich!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
doggy hater said:
Thinking of fishing the oyster tomorrow, don't often fish the area will the tide be ok for a trip out? or should i forget it? doggy
sorry for the lateness of my reply but youve probably been out there by now so i presume you,d know wether its any good or not, personally i dont think its worth drifting there unless the tide is over 11.5 and when the run starts to slow down you seem to get more snags and apart from anything else its frustrating i tried using shads on a twelve foot running leger and also i tried an improvised old method told to me by swwsac with 5 shads fished on a pirking rig, both methods were succesful, but the bass seemed to like the white pearls and the mackerel imitations .

·
Registered
208 Posts
i didn't stop off at the trench went over to fish hartland point in devon, seen loads of nice bream coming in but there was to many boats on the mark to get in the action. sounds like you lots are having some fun on the tench, i heard a load of fish are being caught on live sandeels. may go out in the week to see if i can get in on the action

1 - 6 of 6 Posts