World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished whitehaven pier with my 10 year old daughter yesterday for 3 hours over high tide, total waste of time, 2 crabs was all we had between us, I did have one good bite that never hooked itself. bait was blow lug, blacks, crab, whites and razor fish. hooks were bare within about 3 minutes of hitting the water.

never mind though it was a great day to be out :) and we had to fish near the end as i didn't want the nipper falling over the side, all i know of that was caught all day untill we left were 2 flatties.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Fished the North pier myself yesterday, high tide for about 1 1/2 hrs had a nice size flounder. Hoping it's a bit better today.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i agree maxi but there are normally a few small fish for my nipper to catch and that keeps her happy :) she's not progressed to fishing the open beaches or rock marks yet !

·
Registered
127 Posts
Whitehaven can be good for learning the sport in a pretty safe environment and is also good for people that do not have transport to get to the best beaches. I think it depends a lot on what you expect to catch Maxie. I would not go to Whitehaven pier expecting to catch the best cod but I have had some good days fishing there for flatties:)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
theres some real good places to fish round whitehaven and you can go down in perfect conditions and be the only one fishing. but theres always folkon the piers banging the tiddlers out.it makes me wonder at times chriso it does.
it was alright once over when decent whiting were about but they are long gone.
but saying that it is a good place for kids and novices to learn,so ill have to get down there and have a go before i get a smart a***d comment off fishman or ventry:clap3:
plenty of doggies this year though,but its still rubbish:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
to late maxie on your case already :clap2: :clap2: what ya doing tomoro was going to go down on prom there are plenty of plaice coming out . plus have you got any blacks:g:

·
Registered
8,448 Posts
to late maxie on your case already :clap2: :clap2: what ya doing tomoro was going to go down on prom there are plenty of plaice coming out . plus have you got any blacks:g:
two words in your message to maxie made me sit up and take notice fishman, prom and plaice i,ll have to drag my a--e up there and give it a go.

·
Registered
249 Posts
missed nothing maxie we moved onto grasslot pier i had 1 plaice 8 oz ventry had 2 plaice about the same or bigger ish :g: there was another landed about a lb , baits stripped in seconds of casting out had a look for peeler not 1 in sight need a few more week at least:notworthy :notworthy

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i went to port carlisle last night plenty of fish most on straight mackerel baits and plates this morning had nothing in the bay then a double of plaice off plates just before high water.the water looked coloured up this morning i thought it wouldve been clear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts