World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of going up to Whitehaven pier can any body give me any ideas, baits etc, never been to whitehaven so any ideas would be appreciated

·
Registered
50 Posts
north (little) pier will give flatties to lug fish baits (small slithers) and rag
mackerel are abundant now i would fish little pier for them as you dont have to haul them up too far
north pier is a high water mark in the summer months 2 in 2 out

west pier will give doggys, flatties( all types ) codling, coalie, pollock,gars ect
i like to fish a 2/3 hook paternoster fresh black lug is my bait of choice however i have been doing alright on slithers of herring
mid tide can be quiet good from time to time off of the west pier as well as high and low i like to fish the top end casting north west
to the north east there is a reef ( in front of the railings )that will take all the tackle you got so be carefull
if things are a bit slow drop down the side for an increased chance of coalie or pollock

tightlines

·
Registered
33 Posts
fished whitehaven 90 mackerel , 5 doggies on blacklug pollock on feathers 3 small flatties on lug. guy on same pier 30lb plus conger on mackeral, returned alive.
are we in heaven? :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
very nice
did he catch it off of the elbow ?
have seen them lifted from there before
my other fishing buddy reckons they are nice eating
glad it was returned
low water to the left of north pier just off of the beach
you can get to stand on some plates
fishing to the south theres a big hole in there
gotta be carefull of the tide tho
or if you look north off either pier to the shore you will see ****** rock good for cod in winter

tightlines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts