World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my son went to Whitehaven Pier from Morecambe for a change of venue and had a good day with 4 different species
Nothing big but pleased to be catching
Between the two of us we had
4 Blenny's
3 Gurnnard
1 Coalfish
1 Weaver

Further along the pier there was a report of a good size conger landed

The only stain on the day was about 2.00pm some kids turned up with rods and tried feathering for mackerel.
Nothing wrong with that but when they then started throwing litter allover the pier and after being asked by another angler to put it in a nearby bin ignored him and threw a plastic bottle on the floor
IGNORANT GITS

All in all a good day out and a nice change of venue

G

·
Nice little session there. Always strikes me as odd someone can carry something to a venue but not take it back - when it's usually lighter!

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts
Me and my son went to Whitehaven Pier

Further along the pier there was a report of a good size conger landed
sweet i didn't know there was anywhere in cumbria that you could catch conger from the shore, i might have to get myself down there

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
If your lucky enough you can get them off the bulls nose with a whole live whiting

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
sweet i didn't know there was anywhere in cumbria that you could catch conger from the shore, i might have to get myself down there
u could catch congers right along the coast at 1 time harrington lowca grasslot prom at maryport where all good spots for them not sure whats happend to them all.
welldone on the fish marra it can be fun catching small fish at times l had a run up loch etive on monday we must had 40 to 50 fish between us but all small apart from 1 good spur dog but it was fun catching them

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the advice mate
Np mate, i no this from experimenting, i took a whole pin whiting cut it in half so it was whiting flapper and attatched it to 3 3/0 viking hooks and 50lb shockleader, dangled it over the side of the "wooden" bulls nose and there was something on the end, but i could not control it

·
The Bait Guy
304 Posts
Np mate, i no this from experimenting, i took a whole pin whiting cut it in half so it was whiting flapper and attatched it to 3 3/0 viking hooks and 50lb shockleader, dangled it over the side of the "wooden" bulls nose and there was something on the end, but i could not control it
Do you think a mackerel flapper would work on a 8/0 o'shaughnessy attached to 200lb mono(this is what i use for conger when i go wreck fishing)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Most deffornatly, just try and bring a rubby dubby too. ive heard of congers to 40lb in there, me and peter put one in a few year ago that we caught in the channel, i think fresh macky would be better too

·
Registered
350 Posts
most likey it was a sub

1 - 11 of 11 Posts