World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Went there about 11:30 this morning. Was packed. Never seen so many fishing there. Speaking to some people whilst getting set up they'd been there for hours and had caught from 08:00 but got quiet around 11:00. We used 2 hook flappers with squid and lug and cast as far as we could. Stayed until 14:30. Not a bite the whole time. Not even whiting or crabs striping the bait. But lovely day and great getting advice from other more experienced anglers.

Quick question. I was thinking of getting a longer tripod as I have a small junior one. I fish with one rod. Do any of you use the single rod holders that push about a foot into the sand?

Thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nice report mate, even blankers are good. Have a sandspike a shakespeare salt one that I used to use at whitehorses. Well made and does the job, no good on shingle but okay on sand, but rod sits much more vertical than a tripod so ended up getting a single head and cup on my goldsie for one rod fishing. Much sturdier.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I agree go for a Ian Golds tripod, had mine for 20 years a great bit ok kit

·
Registered
438 Posts
Started with a 7ft Goldsie,broke one of the top rests in half within 3 weeks,god knows how. Brought parker alloy adjustable rests and cups to replace...so far so good...But just coz i'm a tart,and because it was cheap on fleabay (£39 inc post ) have just brought one of the blue Shakespear salts....and have to say well impressed. But not used it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts