World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Low 16:00, high 22:00. Fished 18:00 to 21:00.

When I got there I was the only one out I could see but at the end I could see another three headlights.

Plan was one rod as livebait rig with half lug but did use two rods with the other as whole squid on pennel both rods cast out pretty far. It was very windy so kept rods pretty low. Brought both in after about 30 minutes with both baits untouched. Changed whole squid to two hook flapper and lobbed it out really close in and got a double of whiting within minutes. Changed flapper to livebait rig and lobbed out close in. And that was it. No whiting took the bait on the livebait rigs never mind cod or bass taking them.

Always next time

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi,

When I got there I was the only one out I could see but at the end I could see another three headlights.

Plan was one rod as livebait rig with half lug but did use two rods with the other as whole squid on pennel both rods cast out pretty far. It was very windy so kept rods pretty low. Brought both in after about 30 minutes with both baits untouched. Changed whole squid to two hook flapper and lobbed it out really close in and got a double of whiting within minutes. Changed flapper to livebait rig and lobbed out close in. And that was it. No whiting took the bait on the livebait rigs never mind cod or bass taking them.

Always next time
Perserverance is the name of the game, more hours on the beach = more fish on the shingle! I respect all of those that keep going regardless of the season or weather! Those that keep going are normally those that get their quota of quality specimens - well done for getting out!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, toying with idea of quick session later but do have other commitments that may not be able to change

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Hi,

Always next time
Its feb ,march,april when ill pack the livebait rigs away mate,bloody slugs and dabs stuck on the livebait hooks,,,god i hate feb march,,,thank god weve not got long until the bigbass reappear..roll on summer eh.....welldone for trying when most are hiding at home by the fire.....bravo

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Nice one for getting out and tough love for the result

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Couple of ours down there last night - 10 whiting and apout

1 - 10 of 10 Posts