World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished up and over high tide yesterday evening. Lovely clear evening and not too cold as wind (what there was) was coming from behind. 2 rods, both with two hook flappers to start with and frozen lug and baby squid for bait.
Regular knocks on both rods, before switching one to a live bait rig - reeled this one in twice during the session, once coming back with a foul hooked whiting on the empty Pennell hook and the other with a perfectly hooked dab!!
Anyway, although there were the usual whiting (10 in total) there were also a fair few dabs - I had six in total although only one of any size. The species count was increased with a pout and a rockling. The whiting weren't of any size but at least didn't seem to be as prolific as they have been.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw someone in front of the first bungalow as I walked up - I went to the right a bit, towards the Martello tower, apart from that I think it was pretty empty.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thanks for the report....might get a couple of hours over the weekend, will probably have to be white horses with the forecast wind.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
G

·
Try fishing from a beach instead of hanging from some ledge halfway up the side of Mordor ;)
We do get them in Norway though. Tell you what I would really love though... Off the rocks... is a Topknot. You'll probably need to google the fish... They lay on flat bits of rock.

·
Registered
366 Posts
We do get them in Norway though. Tell you what I would really love though... Off the rocks... is a Topknot. You'll probably need to google the fish... They lay on flat bits of rock.
I am sure a big top knot was caught from west arm at Brighton Marina - several years ago though - a strange looking flatty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts