World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As ever, only me there and miles and miles of empty beach. Went after flounder with my light spinning rod and managed 2 down and 3 up. Despite the strong NE wind making bite detection a nonsense, landed one just as the flood began - cast my lug as feebly close in as I could make it - just a limp lob really. My first flounder.

Continued to fish close in with my new flounder rig on a 3oz rolling weight and the rod fell over off the stand. I blamed the wind but it was due to the attentions of a lovely 2lb bass. Quite a surprise really and glad I was on light gear.

Then followed the usual leg up the beach as the full flood came on and finished off with landing a schoolie - which went back.

DH

PS - next time I won't forget to add 1hr to the tide table for BST and will have an extra hour in bed

PPS - killed the time in hand at Gowerton Country Stores as I was passing that way. The entire upstairs is now a vast fishing emporium. Well worth a visit if you are down that way......

Attachments

G

As ever, only me there and miles and miles of empty beach. Went after flounder with my light spinning rod and managed 2 down and 3 up. Despite the strong NE wind making bite detection a nonsense, landed one just as the flood began - cast my lug as feebly close in as I could make it - just a limp lob really. My first flounder.

Continued to fish close in with my new flounder rig on a 3oz rolling weight and the rod fell over off the stand. I blamed the wind but it was due to the attentions of a lovely 2lb bass. Quite a surprise really and glad I was on light gear.

Then followed the usual leg up the beach as the full flood came on and finished off with landing a schoolie - which went back.

DH

PS - next time I won't forget to add 1hr to the tide table for BST and will have an extra hour in bed

PPS - killed the time in hand at Gowerton Country Stores a I was passing that way. The entire upstairs is now a vast fishing emporium. Well worth a visit if you are down that way......
welldone there dai mate:clap3:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Mum said the bass was delicious but the flounder had the texture of mackerel but without the taste.....I guess that's why line caught bass is 拢15 per kilo in Tesco then....? Still, a happy Mum........my Dad asks why fillet steak isn't hookable...?

DH (age 43)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.