World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi am fairly new to sea fishing and was wondering when the whiting will start to show, i normally fish thorpness, aldeburgh and felixstowe.

Ideas on good spots would be usefull as well as i usually have no idea where to start the sea all looks the same !!!

Also lug is hard to come by at the moment any suggestions ?

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
bit too early for whiting yet , first frosts are the time to catch em , lug is normally the best bait but they can be caught on fish ie- mackerel /herring/squid cut into strips on a 2 hook rig , its always best to fish at night for them as they come in close to the shore , also being new to beach fishing you should catch them ok as you don't need to cast far, buy a led headlamp its all you need for night fishing plus put some reflective tape on your rod tips , use size 1/0 hooks, it does not matter where you fish as they are caught all over the place

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi there mate ,,,jus thought i'd let you know the whiting are starting to come in but the ones that are about are only small at the mo,,,but the signs are good,,, keep chucking ,,good luck mate paul

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I was catching lots of whiting early september last year, no tellings if this year will be the same though, as everything has been late this year.

AL ..

·
Registered
475 Posts
welcome to the site, as suggested 2 hook flapper rig, lug on its own or tipped with mackeral or squid, evening tides from september onwards they start to show in more numbers, as far as bait is concerned lots of tackle shops in the areas you visit but my first choice would be james from framlingham, search on here for 'james-sh' especially if going to aldeburgh thorpeness as he is not far from a12, if you cant find his details pm me i will send numbers.
If fishing Felixstowe Tackle Up in the town have a great shop, i have not tried their bait but reports are very good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.