World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fished Whitley bay beach last night but was dispointed with only getting a small codlin. So with the bait I had left went to fish little beach the locals at amble advised. They said it was a night time mark so went on a wrecky, first cast wasn't in water long had just finshed baited up with yellow tails bang. I'm in was a different kind of knock to cod so was over the moon to catch my first ever bass, only a baby one 34cm,then bait my other rod up then had the 2 out. Long story sh
image.jpg
image.jpg
ort got nice plaice aswel 33cm. Wasn't bad as was only there last 3 hours of the flood.

·
Banned
14,950 Posts
Finally mate u have wanted a billy since u started :) chuffed for ya mate honestly am! There great little fish aren't they :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Fished Whitley bay beach last night but was dispointed with only getting a small codlin. So with the bait I had left went to fish little beach the locals at amble advised. They said it was a night time mark so went on a wrecky, first cast wasn't in water long had just finshed baited up with yellow tails bang. I'm in was a different kind of knock to cod so was over the moon to catch my first ever bass, only a baby one 34cm,then bait my other rod up then had the 2 out. Long story sh View attachment 615961 View attachment 615969 ort got nice plaice aswel 33cm. Wasn't bad as was only there last 3 hours of the flood.
Well done on the bass mate! Over the summer months I don't fish for anything else even the small ones go like the clappers!
The first one is always the hardest to catch, no stopping you now bud :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well done on the bass mate! Over the summer months I don't fish for anything else even the small ones go like the clappers!
The first one is always the hardest to catch, no stopping you now bud :thumbsup:
Cheers m8 Pitty wasn't big anuf for the pan, but I bet if I ever get abig one will be fun and games. Going back up Friday night as it's a night time mark hopen for either a deccent cod or bass would be a dream.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Cheers m8 Pitty wasn't big anuf for the pan, but I bet if I ever get abig one will be fun and games. Going back up Friday night as it's a night time mark hopen for either a deccent cod or bass would be a dream.
A sizeable one will come mate, I fish a place called Galloways during the summer months which is near dungeness.
A onshore blow gives a good surf , I've had them upto 6lb and they pull ya arm off, doubles come out most years it's a real gem !
Good luck for Friday mate

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Doesn,t need to be big enough for pan its the BUZZ catching it that counts m8 well done u George awesome, thats another one out of the way, whats ur next target fish m8. As always good pics & report cheers m8 only 7 weeks till hols looking forward to both trips hoping weather stays mild ish

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doesn,t need to be big enough for pan its the BUZZ catching it that counts m8 well done u George awesome, thats another one out of the way, whats ur next target fish m8. As always good pics & report cheers m8 only 7 weeks till hols looking forward to both trips hoping weather stays mild ish
Let me know if need anymore weights and I order them 20-£10 it's 4 extra than the other bloke. How'd your trip go m8 any joy.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Let me know if need anymore weights and I order them 20-£10 it's 4 extra than the other bloke. How'd your trip go m8 any joy.
do you have another guy for weights now m8 as wires a little soft on last lot not a problem thou as i changed the wires for steel ones its a lot better holding bottom will let you know before i come maybe 2 lots of 4.5.6.oz 20-4oz 10-5oz 10-6oz. Sunday was good but expensive good fishing tho m8 and got sunburn for free cant be bad nearly nov. Put report on east coast

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Fished Whitley bay beach last night but was dispointed with only getting a small codlin. So with the bait I had left went to fish little beach the locals at amble advised. They said it was a night time mark so went on a wrecky, first cast wasn't in water long had just finshed baited up with yellow tails bang. I'm in was a different kind of knock to cod so was over the moon to catch my first ever bass, only a baby one 34cm,then bait my other rod up then had the 2 out. Long story sh View attachment 615961 View attachment 615969 ort got nice plaice aswel 33cm. Wasn't bad as was only there last 3 hours of the flood.
Well done on your first bass make a date with some friends for the end of next years September 2017 and have a week down south east and south coast and have a good go at a biggie thought you might appreciate this one I had 10,1/2 lb.my pb a couple of weeks ago.good luck with this winters fishing.
WP_20161004_006.jpg
WP_20161004_022.jpg
WP_20161004_006.jpg
WP_20161004_022.jpg

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hope you don't mind a southern pr"""ck on your forum hoping to get up your way for some cod fishing nearer Christmas time if that's ok and will be after some advice will post a thread nearer the time .thanks all.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope you don't mind a southern pr"""ck on your forum hoping to get up your way for some cod fishing nearer Christmas time if that's ok and will be after some advice will post a thread nearer the time .thanks all.
Here m8 your more than welcome to come up and I'll have a fish with you no problem. Already got someone coming up from London December time, that's what it's all about. Then when I'm down your neck of the woods return the favour. Kingfish123 was up in the summer but it's mostly cod fishing up here. In fact most people in the northeast put there stuff away after the cod go. But I traveled over west coast and just tryed to get out as much as I can.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Here m8 your more than welcome to come up and I'll have a fish with you no problem. Already got someone coming up from London December time, that's what it's all about. Then when I'm down your neck of the woods return the favour. Kingfish123 was up in the summer but it's mostly cod fishing up here. In fact most people in the northeast put there stuff away after the cod go. But I traveled over west coast and just tryed to get out as much as I can.
sounds like a good plan will keep my eyes open on here and hopefully we could get out fishing thanks for the offer ,keep putting them fish on the shore ,good luck catch up sometime soon.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Hoping to come up there this winter. Not fished it, but got drunk a couple of times at a pub that backs onto the beach at Whitley bay, it's probably not even there now...

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hoping to come up there this winter. Not fished it, but got drunk a couple of times at a pub that backs onto the beach at Whitley bay, it's probably not even there now...
Was it the royal or 42nd street by any chance, well if your stuck always more than welcome to show you couple marks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I will be up at the end of the month so if you could organise a good northerly storm in the next couple of weeks that would be great! We have caught bass at duridge bay during November but were fishing for cod.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts