World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any pointers on fishing whitsand or tregantle beach
thought i may give it a go but wanted to ask the lads on here for their oppinions on it
cheers

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers smoothie i was thinking bout using a bit of macky but iv looked up tactics on a few websites and they say dont use mackerel but ideal il take your word for it
cheers

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mackerel will find you the doggies.... but always a chance of something else too...
My choice would be the worm baits, which part are you gonna fish?

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you want to catch a Bass in the surf use Lug all the way mate. Has always outfished everything else by a mile for me!!! Don't be tight though, make sure you load the hook up!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agree with above! Was up tragantle weds and had 2 small ones on it. warning though, very very weedy at mo, line fouled up within 5 mins of casting. Hope will be better this weds.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
went past there friday night and there was headlamps all allong the bay. Was there a comp/match on??

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not sure about a comp but il probaly go down during the day on the first trip get used to where everything is then,may even drive down today with me misses and son take a little walk along the beach,so what rigs would anyone say works the best down there paternoster or something

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not a competition mate, just very busy. On wednesday there were 9 down there fishing, too many really. Was using running lead as not too much of a cast. Evvery one has said 2 or 1 hook pat though which i will be trying this wednesday. if dodent work will go back to running lead. just hope weed not so bad but south westerly so may well be :(

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i took a trip down to whitsand today at high tide but was only a small bit of beach,could someone tell me if i were in the right place
i was right near the life guard station

also how do you get to tregantle beach,couldnt seem to find it

·
Registered
46 Posts
The way i go. Over ferry from plymouth, head through torrpoint and keep going. just as you go through antony sign turn left which runs along side of ring of bells pub, narrow oncoming road so dont race lol. Follow this till you reach t-junction. you can turn right and park in first layby and cut through field then down fishermans path to 'fishermans cove' bit harder to find, so turn left at this t-junction, follow for a short while till you see carpark on the left with a right turn oppisite it. either park in carpark or turn right and pull up whevera there space and you will see a swing type gate on the right dead oppisite the layby, go through this and follow path down. this is the easiest way down. hope this helps. matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
Fished it on thurs nite loads of weed but still fishable.
1 angler had a small bass on lug,i caught nothing.
Big baits of lug ,fish in the dark and try a couple hrs either side of high tide.
Big surf over the wk so may be hard to fish with the weed,don't need to rough to catch fish .
good luck

1 - 20 of 40 Posts