World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how the bay is fishing at the moment? thinking about popping down on saturday -any ray or bass being caught?

·
Registered
425 Posts
We fished the bottom of the tide 1hr out 2 in over dark/dusk. I have heard of a few fish being caught but not of late.

Midday in the sun ain't ideal :p

Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
some bass around, strange though when gutted they have all been eating sea lice and hardly anything else.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had a bass around sept last year that was full of the sea lice (sea slaters?)too.

I guess they get blasted off the rocks when it is rough? I guess the fish are close in which makes life easier. It may be worth trying to make flies to represent the lice if you fancy a challenge :eek:

Hmm I think i'll stick to me plugs!

Off to Rame tonight to give it a go, I hope it don't rain!

Cheers

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well went out in my neighbours boat today - went around into Whitsand with mackerel, worm and live sandeel - only bites were taken on the eels. not much to show but the tide was going out at the time - think we caught it wrong but i did bring up a beauty of a wrasse - 4/5lb thing and there were about a douzen pollock to 2lb. nothing much else aroudn though but like i said we didnt fish the right tide. never mind theres always 2moro...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Atleast you caught something :)

Had a spin at Rame on sat early it was packed shoulder to shoulder not much fun. Had a few makerel but that was about it. Wish I was out on sat, got out sunday pm & it was a bit lumpy/windy for my little boat. Stuck it for a few hours managed a few makerel for tea & that was enough.

Try again tonite as the weather is looking good :cool:

cheers

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shooper - where do u go plugging around plymouth? ive just got a couple of plugs and dont know where to try the out - any ideas?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi,

I do a bit. I'm no expert but i'll be happy to show you a few places if you want & tell you what I know :p A little!

Send me a PM & we will have a go.

Cheers

G

·
How is Mountbatten Breakwater fishing these days, I havent fished there for a couple years and some good fun with wrasse!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fished me plug there last night but with out any takes - saw a couple of wrasse brought in - about a 1lb i would say, and what looked like ...( it was down the other end of the breakwater so it could have been a bit of rope)...a gar.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Can't help much i'm afraid, I have seen some 3-4lb fish come from the seaward side in the past, it's quite rough on that side. I used to do a far bit of spinning there for makerel/pollack right out the far end on the seaward side good sport when there are a few fish about!
Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts