World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished the herne bay club comp over low water between hampton and the street last night 7-11. Should have know it was going to be slow when only 10 members fished. I fished with most of the others on a shingle bank on the point to the east of tankerton .
Water was clear nothing caught in first 2 hours then as sun went down 4 undersize bass in 4 casts. Once it got dark small eels went mad ended up with 11 for about 4 pound which was enough to win. Nothing other than eels and 1 flounder caught. Not a spectacular trip but at least had a few bites and fish in the end.
DaveA

·
Registered
197 Posts
Never really even though about Whitstable as somewhere that fishes well. Is there anywhere around there that is good? Also, mrs can't cast far so beach is normally out of the question..... any parts there that go right into deep water? like a break water or pier ledge?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never really even though about Whitstable as somewhere that fishes well. Is there anywhere around there that is good? Also, mrs can't cast far so beach is normally out of the question..... any parts there that go right into deep water? like a break water or pier ledge?
The only non beach I would recomend on this part of the kent coast would be neptunes jetty at Herne bay. Best fished 3 hours either side of high water. Can be busy with jetskis and the like this time of the year but I hear it has been fishing well at night and in the evenings for thornbacks and smoothounds although these will thin out as we get to mid summer.
DaveA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts