World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if fishing is permitted in Whitstable harbour?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not in the harbour. But there is a small section at the end of the harbour that you can cast from. Avoid the weekend like its the plague.

This vid will help:

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
not tried harbour as always busy weekends so went to seasalter just a few mins along coast line. park at toilets, if early enough u can dig a bit of bait as no tackle shops for miles, Herne Bay nearest. We didn,t catch monsters but flatties were plenty. google earth will help m8 there is a little pier near by to with free parking. hope this helps good luck

·
Registered
352 Posts
not tried harbour as always busy weekends so went to seasalter just a few mins along coast line. park at toilets, if early enough u can dig a bit of bait as no tackle shops for miles, Herne Bay nearest. We didn,t catch monsters but flatties were plenty. google earth will help m8 there is a little pier near by to with free parking. hope this helps good luck
how many flounders did u get mate and when did u go?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
how many flounders did u get mate and when did u go?
about 7 each not sure now but 3 good keepers that i do remember as we had them for dinner on the tuesday oh one surprise was a small Gurnad beautiful colours all we had was lug squid prawns and a mack

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you mean Hampton pier? Been looking at google maps and can't find pier near Seasalter.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Think he means the drainage sluice/pipe opposite the EA pumping station...a deepish channel in front of it that the drainage water has gouged out.
7 Flounders each is going it at that spot....with max 4hrs fishing at a push......and a Gurnard too.....not that i disbelieve Kingfish...because i have caught small Gilthead Bream at Seasalter for a few years now.

Seasalter is very underrated and mostly ignored.....however get it right and you will catch. Species ive had include Flounder, Eels, Gilthead, Whiting, small Pout, Dogfish (in recent yrs), Bass (decent ones), Dab and Sole (not many) small Thornback....and decent Cod (yonks ago).....there is also plenty of evidence for Stingray in the summer....but ive never had one...but then again ive not targeted them.
Seasalter is always worth a go....2hrs either side of high....pick a decent sized tide...and fish it until the water literally leaves your bait high and dry....the last ½hr of the ebb can be very productive.
You will only get 4hrs fishing.
A 2/3oz flat lead left to move about is deadly....Wessex rig with size 2 hooks a good rig, top bait in order....local Lug, Peeler (April-Oct), Rag/Maddies, raw Prawn can be deadly.
Get there before the tide floods and choose your spot with 'open eyes'.

Im sure you realise that i like Seasalter? Ive fished it for almost 50yrs.;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, definately getting the feeling you like the place!!
Sounds great, I do like to fish less busy venues and am quite happy with a 4 hour session.
I shall consider fishing there this week instead of Hampton pier maybe........
Thanks or the info. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Do you mean Hampton pier? Been looking at google maps and can't find pier near Seasalter.
No its a little stone one that sometimes gets covered at high tide its about 500 yds back from toilets. seen a few guys dig bait from there. its only about 100 yds long but helps u get out a bit further

·
Registered
7,017 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Loving these pics. Such a great help.
Many thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts