World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Fishy Jim
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after pinching the idea from southwest forum, i thought it would be a good idea if we all learnt a little more about each other...
basically all you have todo is say where you are from around the east coast,
so here it goes,

i live in ipswich:1a:, (chantry to be more exact)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
i live in nacton ,well near ravenswood to be more accurate and havent been out teaching worms how to scuba dive since june,must dust off my rods and tackle and get back out soon before i forget how to catch nothing lol,,,,, this thread feels like a fishing anonymess meet lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
I live in Long Stratton With my fav spot at Southwold being about 40 mins away.:happy::happy::happy:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just North of Bedford (Sharnbrook) No sea for miles but plenty of rivers and lakes that keep me busy during the summer months - For me favorite place has to be Aldeburgh - round trip 230miles by the time I've collected bait.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Good idea James.
I live a few miles from Wisbech.

Beach fished from Huttoft on the Lincs coast to Sea Palling North Norfolk, then moved onto Suffolk, beach fishing from Pakefield to Southwold, favoring Aldeburgh out of everywhere, had a barmy phase fishing 6 days a week when I first got hooked on Suffolk :)

I now boat fish, but do on an odd occasion hit the beach for a change, when I got my first boat, it was regular trips out of Orford with the odd trip out of felixstowe (Levington) up the Stour and Orwell mainly, when I bought the new boat we went out from Pin Mill for a while fishing the Orwell, Stour and Felixstowe coast areas before moving the boat to Wisbech marina and fishing The Wash, in the last few weeks, we moved the boat again, back to Suffolk in Shotley marina, good to be back down in Suffolk, even if the fishing isn't so hot at present.

AL ..

·
Registered
378 Posts
Amersham in Buckinghamshire.:doh:
Favourite spot is definitely Aldeburgh even with the 260 mile round trip.

banglemouse, you have got to get a bit of practice in for those early season cod on the beach clean.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ipswich for me, Nacton road area. Been beach and boat fishing since the Bamboo rod era...A long time. Hope for a few more years yet.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
norwich for me brilliant central base for either north norfolk shingle or suffolk beaches both area,s about 45mins drive either way :yeah:

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
lakeside essex for me, nearest venue 3 miles away cant wait for those codling to arrive in the mean time suppose i will have to cope with the bass:cry::bounce::cry::bounce::cry::bounce::cry:

·
Registered
378 Posts
lakeside essex for me, nearest venue 3 miles away cant wait for those codling to arrive in the mean time suppose i will have to cope with the bass:cry::bounce::cry::bounce::cry::bounce::cry:
You and me both Terry, now that I got my double figure hound on Wednesday night at Ferring I want a cod over 5lb.

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
You and me both Terry, now that I got my double figure hound on Wednesday night at Ferring I want a cod over 5lb.
well done m8 ,when you head up east think of me b4 you go lol
:ph34r:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
heacham near hunstanton north norfolk for me great for bait digging if you know were to go lol but c*** for fishing most of the time but the hounds are here now so got to get me some more peelers and see wat happens lookout for catch reports (prob nil catch but lets see)

·
Registered
550 Posts
hi all
i live at cawston near norwich,15-20 miles from nn shingle or mund,trim ,bacton,love to fish the shingle in a good northerly fished tramps a few times last year ,very good venue,can,t wait for the cod to come in

regards
fish hunter02

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Holt, Norfolk. Bike ride to Cley-Weybourne shingle (3 miles)

·
Registered
248 Posts
live in Dereham about 15miles n/west of Norwich, and same as Pedro...an hours drive can get me to most of my favourite venues :)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Godmanchester, Cambridgeshire, not been out since April apart from some fluff chucking off Dorset. Farmer near me has let me do some casting practice in his fields with new 7HT before hitting Suffolk again in September

1 - 20 of 140 Posts