World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
could have been a tope or other small shark or even a seal.:thumbs:

G

·
bass chasing it in through the surf, looking at the gash and the small teeth marks top teeth and bottom teeth are remarkably the same that of a decent bass, could be wrong tho

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bass chasing it in through the surf, looking at the gash and the small teeth marks top teeth and bottom teeth are remarkably the same that of a decent bass, could be wrong tho
thanks for that nationalexpressman - as the comedians pointed out, if it were a tope it wouldnt be big, but those are very definate teeth punctures and scrapes - interesting thing is no bass ever caught here that i am aware of

guess i'll just have to go and catch him!

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
why didnt i think of a spurdog - size would fit
will report back with the results of the follow-ups!
there is every chance it has happened else where and the mackerel had moved on to the location you caught it at.
But if you need any help I'll be on the Island all next week ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
there is every chance it has happened else where and the mackerel had moved on to the location you caught it at.
But if you need any help I'll be on the Island all next week ;)
hi davy
was hit while we were fishing - i was fishing the coll fishing comp and unhooking my team's fish and left my feathers down - next thing rod tip nodding, and crew statrted retrieving - mackerel 40 yeards away!!

but would be good to try next week if you are up on coll
give me a shout on 230595
pete

1 - 19 of 19 Posts